*46*

Usually, I'm in bed before Harry, my new found love of sleeping taking priority to seeing the end of whatever movie we are pretending to watch. Each night, he sighs in solace when his limbs twist around mine and climbs into the tangle of sheets, mumbling about it being warm while he takes his 'big spoon' position around my body. 

Tonight however, the little episode by the kitchen sink is all my brain can play on repeat and when he strolls into the bedroom, freshly showered and shirtless, I'm already ready and waiting.

Maybe I really have lost my mind but my body takes over the second I see his loose cotton trousers hanging from his hips and the ink that decorates his gorgeous body on full display.

I stand from the edge of the bed, already stripped down to my underwear, trying my hardest to seem seductive but my shaking hands and quickening breath give me away immediately.

Harry chews the corner of his lip, his eyes wide. "You're making it very difficult to be honourable," he grumbles as I close the distance between us.

Smiles crawl across our faces as I rise up on my tiptoes and wrap my arms around his neck, his hands finding my waist and that tongue of his poking out to quickly lick his lips.

There are a couple of steadying breaths taken between us before we are diving into each other with frenzied desire, the pent up tension too difficult to contain for any longer.

His hands are in my hair and our tongues dance together, my legs are around his waist, his fingers taking half a second to unclip my bra and toss it aside before my back hits the mattress.

Harry's body hovers over mine and he pushes our foreheads together to take some necessary calming breaths.

My fingers fiddle with the drawstring around his hips, giving up after a few frustrating seconds and instead abandon the mission as I attempt to just shove my hand past the threshold.

Harry grins at my defeated huff as he easily scoops my hands together in one of his, holding them into the pillow above our heads.

"Slow down, baby," he pants through a whisper and I swallow thickly to try and focus on his eyes and not the burning desire to rip his trousers off.

His lips connect back with mine at an achingly slow pace, my body struggling to play catch up with the contradiction of a moment ago but soon I am melting into his touch.

He kisses each of my lips, his tongue delicately licking the top then bottom; savouring, indulging, memorising.

There's nothing more I want, than for him to take me hard and fast, wipe out my memory of the last year quickly, like ripping off a bandaid, but Harry is in control this time, and it seems like he won't be settling for anything less than the exact opposite.

"I know this has been tough," he whispers between kisses, his hands skilfully ridding me of my underwear as he pulls off his own trousers. "This last year and the secrecy," he continues. "But I'm going to make it up to you, every day of my life if you let me."

He could be asking me to sell him my first born child right now and I would agree.

"It's been tough on me too, Lexi," he says surprisingly, my back arching and my head tilting towards the ceiling as he eases two fingers inside me and smiles softly, almost in awe of how easily I take him.

"You're all I want," he looks me dead in the eye as he removes his digits and replaces them with his thickness, pushing into me tortuously slow.

I groan into the air and his lips are on my neck, sucking into the spot he now knows drives me mad.

"I'd do anything for you," he croaks through emotion building and he starts to make love to me in slow, thorough strokes of his hips. Deep and deliberate.

Green eyes never leave mine, his mouth close and luscious, his body both the poison and the remedy.

He whispers promises and apologies into the air but my voice doesn't respond, only my body that he has trembling around him, embarrassingly fast.

-

"How was your day, my darling?" Harry asks with a smirk as he steps my body backward into my apartment, his arms around me and our lips breaking apart in short bursts to speak.

He asks me this as if we haven't just spent the last ten hours sitting in the same office, working on the same project, eating lunch together, walking home side by side. He acts like we haven't spent the majority of the last week teasing each other with touches and stolen kisses around any dark corner or when my father's head is turned. He pretends he didn't deny my requests for him to quickly fuck me over his desk before a meeting today, sinfully promising me to make it up to me the second we get home.

For the first time in a long time, I'm actually enjoying going to work again. Harry and I are a great team, despite the exorbitant amount of time we spend together, and although I'm meant to be helping him with admin, he of course, has me dealing with almost every major aspect of the project alongside him, referring to me as his partner, never his assistant.

I'm sure it's obvious to everyone else in the office that the dynamic between us is more than your usual colleague relationship, especially with Katie and Liam making inappropriate jokes or gestures whenever the opportunity arrises, but the truth is, I really don't give a fuck.

"It was good thank you. I did some filing, made out with my boss a little, you know... the usual," I tell him as my eyes dance over his features and he tries to stifle the grin crawling up his cheeks.

"I'm not your boss, Lexi," he tells me for the millionth time and each time my heart swells with gratitude.

"Oh, I wasn't talking about you," I joke and he gasps in faux shock and smacks my butt lightly with jest.

My phone starts ringing in my bag just as he pushes our lips together again and I groan at the intrusion, glancing quickly to see it's Katie calling.

"Speak to her. I'm going to have a quick shower," he decides, kissing me quickly once more before his voice drops a little lower. "And then I'm gonna fuck you over the table like you wanted me to today."

My scalp prickles with his promise and by the smug look on his face, he knows how my body responds to him.

I swat my palm to his behind this time as he walks towards the bathroom, spinning on his heel and pointing to me in both warning and promise.

When I grab my phone I realise I missed the call and eighteen others. When she starts calling again almost immediately after, my stomach drops with anticipation. Something is seriously wrong.

"Katie?" I start but I can already hear her jagged breathing and my heart starts to race.

"Lexi! I've called you a hundred times! Turn on the news! Quickly!"

My brow furrows as I fumble with the remote, turning it to the channel Katie is barking at me as fast as I can.

I catch it just in time to see my father's face splashed across the screen, a gasp ripping through my lungs and my phone dropping to the floor.

"Property magnate, Alan Patterson and his two sons will face several charges for misconduct over the past decade, including tax evasion, price-fixing, collusion and a number of other offences.

"The police have been working for almost two years to expose the prominent businessman with the help of a number of informants. Mr Patterson and his two sons were arrested this afternoon, along with another three of the company's board members, and will face court in due course. 

"There is no word on whether Patterson's only daughter, Alexa, who joined the company almost eight years ago, will also be charged."