4: Crazy Encounters

Naimah

I stood there in shock and disbelief at who was standing before me. I thought for sure I had seen the last of Cameron that night at my apartment. I guess I was wrong. I didn't know whether to run or not, but he stood there staring me down with a sly smirk and a vile look in those piercing green eyes.

"I'm.. I'm sorry. Excuse me." I managed to stutter as I tried to push past him but obviously that would not go down.

"Oooh, Naia, leaving so soon? The party just started, baby!" He said in that deep barritone, grabbing my arm and pulling me closer to him.

I jacked away and he turned his head sideways smirking roughly pulled me back into his chest.

"Baby girl, where are you going? You don't miss me?"

"No!" I pulled away from him with a lot more force causing him to go tumbling into the wall. 

While I had the chance I simply turned around and went back into the ballroom. Almost as if he knew something was wrong Dustin was walking towards the doors with a concerned look on his face.

"Babe, are you okay?" He asked moving my hair out of my face.

"Yeah, can we just go, please?" I asked looking at the floor.

He simply nodded and grabbed my waist leading me out of the doors. Cameron was at the doorway still and through my peripheral vision I saw him mouth some words to Dustin. I saw Dustin sigh and quickly turn his head away. I tried to read his facial expression and figure out what was going on but it was kind of difficult. I just put my heaad on his shoulder as we kept walking and tried to brush everything about tonight off of my shoulders.

Dustin and I were riding home and I was laying on his shoulder as he drove because I was feeling down. Today was long, hectic and chaotic. I just want it to all be over already. I was just staring until I saw his phone begin to light up. He was receiving calls from Sasha which made my blood begin to boil. I just brushed it off until she sent a few texts asking him to come home because DJ missed him and she wanted him to hold her. I couldn't hold anything in anymore and I spazzed on him.

"Dustin, what the fuck?" I yelled shoving his phone in his face. 

"Naimah, what-" He started then he read the screen and rolled his eyes. 

"What my ass. Are you still involved with her?" 

"What- babe, no! I'm with you aren't I? I care about you, Naia. That's over." He looked at me with a sincere look.

"Dustin, don't lie to me." I threw the phone down and folded my arms. 

"Nobody's lying to you Naimah." He glanced at me then softly stroked my cheek with his free hand. "Cheer up, girl. I told you it'd be a bit of a rocky road. We'll be straight though, Naia." He flashed that beautiful smile and those dimples.

I couldn't help but to smile back and believe in my heart what he was saying was the truth. I lay my head back against the seat and sighed because in my heart I knew he wasn't lying but something in my head was telling me to look further for some other details but I didn't know what. Between those women in the bathroom and running into Cameron and his recent actions I'm not sure who Dustin is right now. Unfortunately, I know I love him.

*******

I know this is short & long overdue. I've had part typed for a week but I started a new semester last week and I isolate social media when I'm in school, but I promise I will try to update every Friday or Saturday! I will work on another update for tomorrow! Thanks for your love & patience.