Chapter 4: am-bush

Jack wiped his spiky manga-like hair of sweat. Saved by pancakes, now that's a good story. He brushed of some dirt from his jacket and went to inspect the destroyer.

Jenna the nurse, was still standing with the plate of pancakes in her hands, her mouth open. "My pancakes... Killed that?" She thought aloud. Jack returned from inspecting the destroyers limp body, holding something glowing on his hands. "Yeah, that's how bad they are!" He joked stuffing another pancake in his mouth.

Jenna snapped back into reality, and playfully punched him in the arm. She gestured to the glowing things in his hands, "oh these," Jack exclaimed. "These are souls of might... Or in other words, the destroyers soul."

Jenna seemed to understand, but didn't pay much attention to their importance, "so, back to our regular day I guess?" She exclaimed turning back towards the house. Jack smiled, it was nice to have friends.

Jack turned his attention to his daily chores (Look at chapter 1 for the chore list,) and decided that the door could wait; even though the NPCS had used a giant hollowed-out pumpkin as a replacement for the door.

That left feeding the bunnies in rehab, and replanting the trees. Jack plucked some flowers and weeds from the ground and happily whistled as he strolled to the bunny rehab.

Half way there, he noticed a peculiar bush that seemed to be shaking slightly. Squirrels, he decided. But every so often, the bush would move slightly so he decided to check it out.

He approached the bush with a beet root in his hand. Squirrels where known to bite if startled, so he wanted to make sure it smelled him before he got to it.

He reached in bush, feeling around for fur, but he got something much worse... Dry, hard scales.

Before he had time to react, a Red blur shot out of the bush and pinned him to the ground.

When Jack's eyes came into focus, he noticed what it was... His face went pale. What is a demon doing up here? he thought. He chuckled to himself, I'm asking questions in a time like this? He chuckled again.

The demon had curved red horns, a six-pack, and a peculiar mark on his right shoulder. "You're coming with us!" He barked in surprisingly good English.

I blinked, then laughed. The demon's face twisted into a mix of rage and confusion. "What?" He screamed . Jack pulled out a boom-stick from his pocket, and held it to the demon's chest.

"Sorry!" Jack said pulling the boom-stick's trigger. A flash if colour and light exploded in front of Jack, sending the demon flying backwards, and landing in the bush it came out of.

This is fun. Jack thought to himself, blowing the boom-stick's barrel.