Elfen Lied: Lucy's Return Part 3

"Ouch." Said Kouta, as he rubbed his sore face. "Yuka sure is a piece of work, huh, Wanta?" Wanta replied by cocking his head, and wagging his tail.

Better get back inside, now that all of my chores are done. Thought Kouta. He sluggishly moved back into his house. The smell of food filled the room.

"If it makes you feel any better, I thought your dinner was better than usual tonight." Kouta said sympathetically. Yuka froze in her tracks. She turned her head over slowly.

"Y-You did....?" She said, filled with overwhelming confidence and joy. That powerful feeling came to an end, once she realized what Kouta had been doing. "Oh, no way, Kouta! You are NOT going to just butter me up, then expect me to forgive you! No way!" Yuka stormed off, feeling more annoyed with Kouta than she usually did when he hurt her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kouta stood up, and walked to his bedroom. He took a small object made of fine wood off of the shelf. It was the music box he cherished as a child. He opened it, and a beautiful melody began playing. "Lilium." He said to himself. "Li-li-um. Hm." He hummed along with the melody for a moment. He looked into the box, and noticed that Lucy's pink seashell had been missing. "Oh, no. Oh, man. I've gotta find it! H-Hey, Yuka! Yuka! Have you seen-"

"I don't want to talk to you right now, Kouta!"  She yelled from the downstairs livingroom.

"Of course she doesn't. I'll only talk to you, when you're telling me things I want to hear!" He mimicked. Suddenly the door burst open, and an angry Yuka stormed in.

"Ah...did you hear anything a minute ago?" Kouta shrunk with fear.

"No, were you saying things you shouldn't have been!?" Yuka challenged him.

"N-No! I..I didn't say anything..haha."

"Hmph. Stupid jerk. So, what exactly did you interrupt my cleaning for?"

"Th-The seashell! It's gone missing. I don't know where it could be. I left it in the music box yesterday night! Did you move it!?" Kouta worried about that seashell like it was his own child. It was one of the last things that he had to remember Lucy and Kanae by.

"This is about Nyu, isn't it?  Of course. You're too busy worrying about something Nyu related, than you are about me! It's always been this way!"

"It's not just Nyu! It's also my sister." Kouta said coldly.

They stood in silence for a moment. Yuka finally mustered up the courage to speak.

"K-Kouta..."

"Don't speak anymore." Kouta's head hung. He suddenly felt so damaged.

"K-Kouta, I'm sorry!" Tears were in Yuka's eyes. I didn't mean to-"

"Get out." He pointed his finger towards the door. "Now!"

Yuka slowly walked towards the door. She turned and whispered, "I'm sorry." As she reached for the doorknob, she heard a loud banging.

"Mayu? Nana? Oh good. Maybe they'll distract Kouta from his anger." Thought Yuka. She reached for the door, when it suddenly bursted open, hitting Yuka and pushing her out of the way. There stood a familiar friend.