Part 13

I opened my eye lids, I scanned the room. My eyes lead me to a woman injecting a needle in my arm. I winced. The woman gasped and dropped the needle making a clunk sound as it hit the floor. I was in a hospital bed, the woman was obviously a nurse. "Oh my god." The woman said. Cupping her hand to her mouth.

She hit a button on the hospital bed, sending nurses and doctors into the room. They all gasped except for one man who seemed like he knew exactly what to do, but he didn't. All he did was look at me funny. And he had this weird Italian/British accent.

He walked up to me and hugged me. "Do you remember me?" He says loudly in my ear. "I'm your father Kristine!" He says proudly.

My father what? What's going on? what's happening? "What's going on?" I ask suspiciously. The man who claimed he was my father cupped his hand to his forehead. "Oh no, oh no oh no," the man said sadly, he looked like he was about to cry.

"Were gonna have to keep her overnight." An African woman said looking at "my father."

_______________________________________________________________

I open my eyes. It was late at night. I scanned the hospital room. I spot the man sitting in one of the guest chairs. "Your awake I see." He says sadly. "Do you remember me?" He asks. "No." I say shaking my head and looking down. "He pulled out a piece of paper from his wallet and walked over to the hospital bed, he handed me the paper. On the paper was a picture of a woman. The woman had looked a lot like Mrs. Lenar.

But Mrs. Lenar isn't real, none of it is... "That's your mother," He said looking down. "She was murdered while you were in your coma... We still haven't found her murderer." His voice cracked. I sighed and looked down.

"Oh, and you'll also be starting school next week," He said. "I'm sure you'll be just fine, you have a lot of friends that really care about you." He finished. "Is Caroline okay?" I asked. "Who's Caroline?" He asked, giving me an odd look. "Oh, um..... She's no one." I said shaking my head.

She must not be real ether. I thought.

"Theirs: Abigail, Nick-" I cut him off. "ABIGAIL!! SHES NOT MY FRIEND!!!" I yelled. He gave me another odd look. "Abigail has been your friend since the Fifth grade," He said. "But how do you remember her and not me?" He asked. "Well... I had this dream inside my coma and she was not my friend... So...." I finished. "That's odd, people usually don't get dreams inside comas." He said. "Well, I did." I stated.

"You should get some rest-" he said as I drifted into a deep sleep.