Chapter 5: "You Arrogant Fuck Frog"

Taehyung was asleep next to me, honestly the only time his presence was bearable...when he was silent.

As much as it pained me to admit it but he's an adorable sleeper. Undeniably so. But again that's probably because he was silent.

I looked out the window, still in awe of the view. My excitement caused by the new experience of travelling in a plane was still very present within. Granted I was a little calmer now but that was a given considering I'd been sitting in the same place for many hours.

The pilot's voice resounds in the plane as he calmly announces that there would be slight turbulence ahead and that the passengers have nothing to worry about.

Immediately an idea occurs to me.

I waited until what I assumed was the effect of the turbulence starting. To be honest it was a little scary but the pilot wasn't panicking so I took that as a cue that I didn't need to panic.

Shaking Taehyung, I manage to wake him.

All the drama classes I took in school finally come in handy as I manage to become teary eyed.

"Taehyung. Taehyung. Wake up. Wake up."

"What?!"

"The plane is about to crash!" And as if God was in on my prank the worst of the turbulence comes.

"What?!" The panic was evident on his face. "Why is nobody else panicking?"

"They've accepted their fates."

I really hoped I didn't cause him to have a heart attack...well...okay no I didn't want to kill him. Not yet anyway.

"Dammit, ever since you came into my life everything is going to shit...I need to call appa."

I scowled at him. "You know, now I kind of wish the plane really was crashing and that you were the sole survivor just so you could regret for the rest of your sorry existence how you just spoke to me."

"Well- wait what do you mean really crashing? And why is the plane moving normally now."

"It was turbulence, genius. And you ruined my prank thank you very much." I cross my arms. " I was going to do an entire dramatic speech about how much I didn't love you."

Taehyung glares at me in disdain but I just roll my eyes.

"Also when they brought around snacks, I ate the pudding cup that was yours. I figured I deserved at least that much for having to bear with you."

"You didn't wake me up when they brought snacks."

"Were you not listening? I wanted the extra pudding cup. "

"I-..." he sighs and looks away. "I don't know how I'm going to survive this," he mutters to himself but I hear it and I imagine shoving the pack of peanuts down his throat to keep myself calm.

The sound of a soft laugh breaks the glaring contest between my husband and myself.

An older woman possibly in her 70s sitting on the opposite side to us watches us with amusement.

"I'm sorry for eavesdropping. I didn't do it on purpose. But I was too entertained to stop."

"It's alright," I say. "I've been eavesdropping on conversations this entire trip. " I shrug. "I'm glad we entertained you."

"Should you really be speaking to strangers about your nosy ways, Soo Hyun? Have some shame," Taehyung whispers.

"What? She started it. And it's the truth! I wouldn't have had to eavesdrop if you spoke to me."