Chapter 13: "Surprise."

Me: It's not funny Somin!

Sominnie: It kinda is. You're panicking over liking your husband.

Me: I do not like him
...
Yet.
I'm worried that I will start liking him soon. And if I can like him. I can love him.

Sominnie: Which is a problem.

Me: Exactly!

Sominnie: Because he has an aversion to love. A love allergy, if you will.

Me: Yes, in essence.
But you know what?
It's fine.
It's not like he's completely likeable.
I'll just focus on his annoyingness which isn't that hard. And then everything will be fine.
I'll lock my heart away and toss away the key.
And only if he tells me he's irrevocably in love with me, then and only then, I'll look for the spare key I hid somewhere.

Sominnie: I bet you'll fall in love with him in the next six months.

Me: Gee, thanks for all the encouragement.

Sominne: I'm just being realistic. I know you. If you're already beginning to trust him then you're already starting to like him.

Me: Nope. I reject your hypothesis. I think it's more plausible that I'll want to kill him in the next six months.

Sominnie: Mhm. Okay.
Oh! When I win, I'd like those shoes I keep telling you about. It's in my cart, you know my login. Talk to you later💛💛💛

Me: 🖕🖕🖕

Sominnie: 🥰🥰🥰
*

"Wow," I whisper, in awe staring at the art surrounding me.

The water lilies by Monet in the Musée de l'orangerie truly is magnificent. It's my favourite set of artwork in the museum.

Taehyung doesn't give away too much about what he thinks but he seems to enjoy the serenity the artwork brings.

Something about it certainly is calming. Maybe it's the lack of harsh lines or punchy colours. Or maybe it's the nature it depicts that's peaceful. But it's probably my favourite.

It's funny, considering when I look up close it looks less detailed and more like abstract strokes of a brush. I still like it though.

Maybe I relate to it in away. To look composed and put together from a distance but only when you get close enough do people see I'm a bit of a mess.

I shake my head as if it will clear my thoughts. It's never worked before and it doesn't work now. But it feels like I'm making the effort to clear my mind so that thought does make me feel better.

*

Taehyung and I visit a few museums in the next two days. The last one we go to is more of a sculpture based one. Musée de Rodin.

"I sit like that when I'm on the toilet," I muse pointing to the thinker statue. "How come I'm not famous?"

"Because he," Taehyung tilts his head in the direction of the statue, " existed before even your grandmother did. The pose is old news now."

"Fair enough," I nod. "I'm impressed, Ahjussi, you didn't even look at me in disbelief once, after I mentioned the toilet. That too in public. You know what that means, right?"

Taehyung sighs, "What does it mean?"

"That you adore me," I say in a sing song manner and bumping my shoulder against him.