Chapter 10

~Just let me know I'll be on the floor, on the floor,

Maybe we'll work it out~

"I will leave you in Paris!" Nick screamed at Harry, shoving him into the side of the van. Will immediately shoved Nick in return and Brad went to Harry's aid.

But Nick was not done yelling. "You miss practice, again! Because you're snogging that dumb girl, and that performance sucked! It was terrible!"

"Something does need to change." Brad admitted to Harry quietly.

"Okay!" Harry erupted, his legs barely holding him. "I will be there. Tomorrow. 3 p.m. as usual. And if I'm not, leave me in Paris. Kick me out of the band."

He pushed himself off of the van with one hand, propelling himself down the street. He walked for a while to clear his head, but over the course of twenty minutes, he knew exactly what he had to do. It had to be just a holiday fling.

It was January 2nd.

"New year, new me, right?" Harry told himself as he walked towards her little apartment. It was snowing, but the cold just gave him resolve.

He would write a note. Emily would be out this evening, after all. And that was something that Harry was good at. Writing notes to say goodbye.

Dear Emily,

Sorry to be a cliché musician, but I am leaving. I hope that there isn't some rom-com storyline here in which you are pregnant with my child - god, I really really hope not, because we are both so young. But just know that none of it was a lie. I did love you, but I choose my family, my bandmates, over love. I will everytime, without hesitation. Because if I lose them, then I have nothing. This is the best way to do it, to break up. You were my first, you know? First everything, but not my first love. But you were the first person I said I love you too, and I hope you are not the last. Goodbye, Emily.

Your Hazza.

---

Harry left the note and decided to walk back to his hotel. It was extremely cold, but he didn't feel much. Music flowed through his earbuds, and it was so loud that he was startled by the sudden ringing of his phone.

He smiled, seeing it was Anne.

"Hi, mum," He tried to shake all emotion out of his voice.

"Hi, Harry." She sounded giddy and over the moon.

"What is it?" He smiled, excited already.

"I'm getting married. To Robin. In the summer."

"Mum, that's amazing!" The both of them gushed for several minutes.

"I want your band to play." She told him, which immediately made him smile. "But only original songs. Not the covers that you usually do. And I'll pay you, of course."

"I'll have to talk to the others, but I'm pretty sure they'll say yes!" He twirled in delight, smiling widely. "If they do, we'll be there in just a couple of days. I'll text you, okay?"

"Love you, Harry."

"I love you too, mum."

---

After completing their last gig in Paris, the band flew back to the UK. Nick and Harry sat next to each other on the flight, Will and Brad in the row behind them. Harry and Nick hadn't spoken much since their fight several days earlier.

"I didn't mean for you to break up with her." He finally blurted out as Harry got ready to listen to music. He left his earbud dangling.

"It's alright. Would've happened anyways. Mum still would've called and we still would've left." Harry was very blunt with Nick, and not in the mood to talk about this at all. But he knew it was necessary to a certain degree.

Nick inhaled deeply. "I'm just sorry." He paused. "I could see how...in love with her you were."

Harry put his earbuds in to signal the end of their conversation. He definitely did not want to think about Emily again, or to talk about love with Nick. Especially because he was certain that he also loved Nick.