Chapter 8

~Give me some more,

Just take the pain away~

Dear Mum,

I am officially dropping out of school. I know this is not the news that you want to hear, but it is my decision. I don't think that school can offer me anymore, and I am now going to travel around Europe with my friends Will, Brad, and Nick. I will not get back into street racing, and I will be careful and call soon. I love you more than words can say.

-Harry

Dear Gemma,

You know all of the big details from my note to mum, but this is a special note for you. You've always been worried about me too, but don't worry. I'm smarter than everyone thinks of me, and I'm going to be okay out there in the big bad world. I'll call soon, okay? Love you, big sis, and take care of Pops. #siblinggoals

-Harry

On December 10th, the three boys snuck out of their room with their bags packed, heading down to the parking lot where Nick and his car would be waiting. He had snuck into Harry's house to get some extra things for their travels, as well as all of his saved money. Working in a bakery five days a week had really given him some major cash.

"Nick!" Harry exclaimed excitedly, upon seeing the older boy leaning against his car with a cigarette in hand. Nick brightened, throwing the cigarette down to hug his friend. The two of them hugged long enough for things to be awkward, and Harry felt butterflies in his stomach.

"I'm sorry to tell you this, buddy. But that go-kart place that you always talked about? It's been shut down."

Harry wanted that day to be a good day. But instead his heart was shattered into a million pieces. Tears pricked at his eyes, and Nick motioned for the other two to put their things in the trunk while he calmed Harry down. "It's alright, little buddy."

"I'm not little," Harry cried out.

"I bet not." Nick said, with a insightful tone. If there was a joke, Harry didn't get it.

The proximity of Nick to Harry made his stomach feel weird and for his palms to start racing. Harry immediately recognized that he liked liked Nick. "Get in the car, mate." Nick told him, and Harry got into the passenger seat.

Will and Brad introduced themselves to Nick and started chatting him up as Nick drove towards the nearest gas station. Harry was quiet, trying to calm down over the go-kart thing. That he got over very quickly considering the fact that he knew that it was going to happen. But the one thing that had him stuck in his head was the way that his heart felt like it was going to explode.

"We're going to get slushies, Harry." Nick told him, when they parked.

"I just need a second," Harry told him. "Will, get me a mix?"

"Will do, buddy."

Harry was left alone in the car, and he let out a loud sigh as he saw the three of them go inside. "I'm not gay. And I'm not in love with Nick." He repeated the first statement several times and then took several deep breaths before heading inside.

Harry reminisced, thinking of everything they were leaving behind and exactly what they were doing. Heading into the unknown to do whatever they wanted just because they could. It was a mind-boggling idea but Harry had never been happier. Except for when he won some races.

Once everyone had their slushies, the group sat on the curb. It was late at night, so there was little to no people in the parking lot. The three others were chatting and cracking jokes. "I'm excited for the future," Brad said to them. "Genuinely."

Harry's hand was flat on the concrete, stabilizing himself. That's why he almost fell over when Nick grabbed his wrist and squeezed it. "So excited," He whispered to Harry.

"We'll make our own music, and we'll practice and it will be so amazing!" Will yelled into the night. Then he took out a cigarette.

"Can I have one of those?" Nick asked politely, and Will offered one to him.

As Harry watched Will light Nick's cigarette, the blonde boy leaning over and hair falling into his eyes, all Harry thought was I'm so gay.