✎43.

johnten

⟶back story

✧✦✧

~really long chapter ahead ;)

Cursed word // 2., 6.

  Johnny turned to face his dance mates, trying to catch his breath. It was his casual Friday afternoon and he was currently in dance studio he has been going to for two months – meaning he was as good dancer as Doyoung in cooking. Far below average.

"Can we have a short break?" One boy next to him whined, bending and stretching so his muscles would loosen a bit. Everyone agreed as they were also tired and their captain gave them five minutes before continuing in their dance practice. They were only first-grade class, after all, beginners who weren't used to train hard like other higher classes.

"Johnny? Do you actually understand the songs we dance to? You're American, aren't you." One of his dance mates, Kihyun asked suddenly, drinking from his water bottle. Johnny nodded and sat down on the floor where others sat in a circle. "Yeah, why?"

The boy turned to his friend who immediately rolled his eyes, but didn't utter a word. So Kihyun decided to do it instead of him. "Here Jeongin was interested in this one line of the song we currently learn choreography for." He then handed him his phone with a site where the lyrics of their song was.

'Tell me pretty lies, lemme give you all, daddy', the lyrics said, making Johnny widen his eyes and he looked up. Everybody was staring at him in expectation and he nervously gulped.

"Which word exactly?" He turned to Kihyun who gasped in realisation. "Oh yes, this one." The boy pointed at the screen and Johnny almost choked.

"Daddy?" Everyone nodded and he took a quick glance at the youngest boys, Jeongin and Sanha, both smiling at him innocently. "It means daddy, but in this context-" He hesitated but Kihyun's convincing stare told him to spit it all out.

"It's kind of kinky, like calling someone daddy in a love relationship as in a sexual way.. It's a long explanation, short - just don't use it." He finished and released a sigh of relief as no one asked any questions after that but it was something else that caught tall boy's attention.

While he was busy explaining the meaning, another group happened to pass by their room and probably heard their conversation.

Oh Lord, have mercy on him, he just wanted to explain his obviously dumb friends one stupid word, why him out of all living people on the Earth?

At this point it was obvious they heard him as they started laughing hard which made him immediately feel embarrassed. However, he noticed one shorter boy not laughing along. Instead, he was smacking the shit out of his friends around him.

Nice now they will think I'm weird, Johnny groaned internally.

All he ever wanted was a peaceful life, nothing more so can Ten for the love of God stop staring at him like he had the word 'daddy' written all over his face? Their eyes met and Johnny could see Ten didn't feel comfortable and he wanted to die right there in the dance studio, or perhaps become this one spider on wall carelessly doing its net and not giving a fuck about his surroundings.

This had to be the worst day of his life, definitely.

✧✦✧