✎41.

markhyuck

⟶back story

✧✦✧

a/n> parts marked as (❑) are happening before or during the main story OR it's the continuing (after 41. 😌) and the numbers signify the chapters where the scenes were mentioned / happened 💕

✧✦✧

Mark & Donghyck's meeting

It was a sunny morning, the birds singing while accompanying one black haired boy making his way to his class. It wasn't just any normal morning, it was the day when he officially started studying at Korean school. His skills in the language weren't the best but he was sure he will manage it. On the other hand, it was also his first day of high school and any school in the city generally, making him horrified.

See, he had no friends in total but he kept his feelings in, a smile on and stepped on the ground of his new school with confidence.

He was shitting his pants.

However, he soon felt his phone buzzing. Mark don't worry, you'll make it. I believe in you, fighting!!, his mom sent him. He chuckled at the message which gave him a little bit of confidence but hid his phone in the pocket right after, just in case they were forbidden there.

Classes were kind of different there, like length and style of studying but his teachers were at least a bit tolerant- it was his first day in Korean school after all and they luckily let him be. Yet, after boring lessons of him doodling random stuff in his notebooks the feared lunchtime has come, faster than he expected and he found himself walking towards the cafeteria all alone.

It looked like this dramatic scene from American teenage movie and he just waited for these bad guys to come, make fun of him in front of the whole school and maybe even take his money.

He closed his eyes and opened the big doors of the cafeteria. Nothing. Only some kid shouting at him something like "Dummkopf!"(idiot!)- as if he had any idea what it meant in Korean.

None of what he feared about happened as he observed the room, finding out that every student was minding their own business and didn't pay attention to the new boy at all. Maybe only a few of them turned in his way because after all, he was a new face. Even some girls giggled when he passed by them but in the end, no one approached him as he sat down to eat his lunch. For the first few minutes.

"Hey, you look alone."

Mark shot his head up at smiling boy in front of him. There stood boy with brown locks falling into his eyes and the prettiest eye smile ever. He looked like he did sports, strong figure and small muscles forming under his shirt. Newbie nodded at him and motioned he can sit down.

"Thanks. Also, would you mind if my friend joined us? He's kind of late and I usually sit with him."

Oh so he has already friends, Mark's heart fell. He hoped that maybe the boy was lonely and they would become these two friends saving the world, like partners in crime or something as if they were from some Marvel movie.

He should stop dreaming.

At the other side of the school, a boy ran for his life, trying not to hit students around. He didn't have any classes, yes, but what was more important than food? Sure thing, he himself, but he slightly felt bad for leaving his friend Jeno alone. Perhaps he sat with someone. I hope not with that new cute boy.