three; where life goes on

CHAPTER 3
・゚:* ✧

caroline

the next day, phoebe took her out to have lunch. lazy rays of sunlight were pouring down on buildings and pedestrians, but trees, benches and cars were coated in white as it had snowed heavily during the night. clouds of mist hung from their lips, and their cheeks had turned red from the cold weather.

after having a steaming hot soup to warm them up, phoebe and caroline did a bit of shopping to make the young woman's place look festive and ready for the celebration of the new year, now that christmas was over.

the cellist got a small christmas tree, garlands and scented candles, but the best part was certainly getting to catch up with phoebe. she told her about touring and the places she got to visit, while her friend shared stories about massage clients, songs she had written, and the friends caroline had met the previous day.

she learnt that phoebe, despite being really close with everyone, had a special relationship with joey, who she considered her best friend. he was the sweetest boy, but had a few troubles finding an acting job and committing to women. there was also rachel, who had broken free from her old lifestyle and was now a self-made, independent woman; ross, a professor and paleontologist; his sister monica, who was very hospitable but intransigent on cleaning; and chandler who was fluent in sarcasm and jokes.

phoebe and caroline stayed at her apartment, phoebe helping her decorate (but mainly playing with mittens the cat). they set a christmas tree in the corner opposite the big cello and put garlands and lights upon it, listening and happily humming along to christmas music as they did so.

then phoebe took caroline over to monica's apartment, where everybody would usually hang out. the ginger was worried she'd be a bother for phoebe's friends, who she had barely met after all, but the blonde assured her that it was nothing to worry about.

after adopting rachel, they were going to adopt caroline.