two; where coming back home was much needed

CHAPTER TWO
・゚:* ✧

caroline

after a ten-minute-long walk from central perk with phoebe, a goodbye hug, and a rendez-vous schedulded at the coffeehouse for the following day, caroline unlocked the door to her apartment. the wooden pane swung open smoothly and the young woman got inside.

a small figure met her in the hallway, pressing his head against her legs as she took off her coat. she pet the cat, softly telling it she was back, then made her way to the bathroom. she wiped off her make-up and changed into a comfortable outfit: a pair of light sweatpants and a big jumper.

caroline hadn't had the chance to decorate her apartment for the festive season yet, but she'd done some cleaning after arriving on the evening of the previous day. three cellos had found their place on the wall, framed by lights, while a bigger one was pressed against corner. she had also unpacked her suitcase and run some errands.

despite the tiredness caused by jetlag, she was still excited by the encounter with phoebe. she had thought about calling her friend once she'd be back, but running into her was a struck of unexpectedly luck. phoebe's friends had been really nice as well and she was looking forward to see them again.

but for now caroline turned the tv on, catching a christmas program, and wrapped herself in a blanket on the couch. her cat joined her, curling up next to her lap, and she stroke it gently on the head. coming back to new york, her hometown, felt great and familiar. it was almost as if she had never left, only that unforgettable memories were now painted in her mind, and in the photographs she had brought back from touring.

wondering about what new experiences awaited her, caroline turned off the lights soon enough and drifted off to sleep, not bothering to move to the bedroom.