prologue

PROLOGUE
・゚:* ✧

central perk, already decorated with christmas ornaments like many other new york coffeehouses, also filled with the festive singing of phoebe buffay

central perk, already decorated with christmas ornaments like many other new york coffeehouses, also filled with the festive singing of phoebe buffay. the song she had dedicated to her friends was ringing out in the air, adding to the festive atmosphere along with the smell of gingerbread and coffee.

as it happens, her friend group, seated on the couch and table where they always gathered, were encouraging her with bright smiles as their names were getting called in the song. it was a cheerful christmas evening, even for the most tired clientele of the coffeehouse.

once the song had ended, followed by a wholesome round applause, phoebe put her guitar away in its case and cleared out the stage. what she hadn't noticed was that someone else had entered central perk at the beginning of her performance, and was now coming up to her.

"merry christmas, phoebe."

the voice who had spoken, familiar yet not belonging to any of the friends phoebe usually hung out with, caught the young woman off guard. brownish ginger hair and warm hazel eyes met her gaze.