Chapter 11.

"Should we wait to tell people? I mean, the miscarriage risk is incredibly lower after 13 weeks, and I don't want to get everyone's hopes u-"

"Babe, we have to tell Kenny and Ellie." I tell her, understanding her concern, but knowing that they've been worried about her sickness for some time, especially Kenny. She nods, agreeing with me as we sit in her truck. "We can go and tell them, then you can eat your cheesecake." I tease the expecting mother, and she chuckles. Getting out of her seat and walking towards the front door of my home.

She opens the door and Ellie walks past us, her blonde hair in a messy low pony as she heads to the kitchen to get food. Kenny comes racing out of his room, "Are you dying of some foreign disease? Do we have to quarantine you?" He asks the tall auburn woman. She chuckles, shaking her head.

"No, you're still stuck with me." She says as she kicks off her sandals and walks towards the large, comfy couch. She sits back and pulls her cheesecake out of the bag and grabs the plastic fork, taking a bite of the strawberry dessert. "Ellie, Kenny, can you guys come here?" she calls out to the teenagers.

Ellie grabs a seat on the foot stool in front of Faith, and Kenny sits beside her on the long stool. I take a seat beside Faith and steal a bite of her cheesecake, receiving a cold glare from the woman. "We need to talk to you guys about something." I tell the kids. Ellie continues to eat her cereal and Kenny gives us a confused look. I set the test results on the foot stool, and they both look at it, their eyes widening once they read it.

"W-wait, you're pregnant?" Kenny confirms with the redhead. She nods, and a huge smile grows on his face, "Holy crap!"

Ellie looks down at the paper and then over to her brother, a small laugh coming from her mouth as she also grins. "Now you've gotta' deal with another little sibling!" Ellie sets her cereal down and gets up to hug Faith, as does Kenny. "Does this mean you're our step-mom?"

Faith chuckles, shrugging. "I can be whatever you guys want me to be."

Kenny nods, "Step-mom, definitely." He says with a small smile as he looks down at her. "This is awesome. I'm so happy." He expresses. The kids walk over to me and give me a big hug. "Congrats, Dad."

I kiss Kenny on the head, and then Ellie's cheek. "Thanks guys. We appreciate it, and we're glad that you're excited."

Ellie's eyebrow raises, "Does this mean we'll have to move? I mean, where are we going to put the baby?"

I look over to Faith and she shrugs, not knowing what to say. I nod, "Yeah, I guess we're going to have to do that, won't we? A new start, for all of us." The kids nod and before I know it, Ellie is back in her room, probably texting her friends or something.

Kenny looks at me as Faith stands in the kitchen, getting ready to throw out the container that her cheesecake came in. "You going to put a ring on it, dad?" I look over at my son, shocked that he'd ask something like that so quickly. "I know you love her more than Lyla and mom." He admits, "I've never seen you look at either of them the way you look at her. I also noticed you cleaned out half of your dresser to make room for her. I know moving quick is sort of your thing, b-"

"Watch it." I warn the teenager, knowing he's hinting at Lyla and I's relationship. "You're right. I do love her, and one day I'll ask her. I'll ask when it's right, I just don't want to rush anything."

Kenny nods, "Good thinkin', dad." He looks over at the clock in the kitchen, "I'm going to go out with a few friends if that's alright."

I nod, "When will you be coming home?"

Kenny shrugs, "Like 9ish?"

"That's fine, but if I text or call you, you better answer." I warn my son, and he nods before going back to his room to grab a jacket. Before leaving, he walks over to Faith and kisses her cheek.