The Calm

Two days after almost all the sickness had passed and the bomb on the bridge had been set off, Clove found herself staring at the raging fire where the smokehouse used to be

"I didn't forget that you guys used to ask if I starved myself. In case you were wondering," She gave a pointed look to Del, the kid who'd made the fire too big. Ironically enough, he'd been one of her biggest bullies, if you could even call him that. It was mostly a lot of him and his friends calling her 'twig bitch' and Clove giving no response, which only angered them further. "I don't."

"We don't have time for this!" Bellamy yelled before breaking off with Clarke to discuss.

"You know," Clove began, catching up with an angry Murphy. "It was pretty boring here without you. Nobody to pick fights except the grounders. They mostly just like throwing spears and stuff though."

"And torturing," He scoffed.

"Fair enough," She shrugged, swinging her arms. "I'll tell you what I did while you were gone. Pretended to be a nice girl so I didn't get banished, made some friends, and ate some nuts that gave me visions and a bruised back. Oh, and I spat in Eugene's water once when he wasn't looking. I never told him but it just feels good to know I did it, you know?"

"While you were having visions and making friends, I was being abused and locked in a cage," Murphy spat. "So honestly, I don't care."

"How about you save that pissy attitude for the people who actually tried to kill you, yeah? Because we both know there was nothing I could have done to stop what happened."

"Trust me, I am," He muttered.

"You are what? That didn't even make sense, Murph," She crossed her arms. Bellamy called her over from across camp. "Looks like I'm high in demand. I'll see you later."

She stopped in front of Bellamy, awaiting instructions. "We're sending out a hunting party. You're one of our best gunners. Most of the groups already left, the only people who still need a partner are Jamie and—" Clove looked over and groaned.

"Anybody but him!" She glared at Eugene. "I'll go with Jamie then."

"Eugene can't go on his own. We need to stay in groups," Bellamy responded.

"Then I'll go on my own."

"No. Come on, Clove, when you asked me to be a gunner, you told me you wanted to earn your place, to prove you weren't worthless."

"Hey, hey! Ebay uietqay!" Clove exclaimed, talking over him.

"Huh?" Bellamy inquired.

"Be quiet!"

"Whatever," He chuckled, shaking his head. "You three stay together, got it?"

"Yes, sir," Clove whined, shooting Eugene a menacing look. "Let's go."