I Am Become Death

Clove sat by the crackling fire as Eugene told the story about how he was arrested

Clove sat by the crackling fire as Eugene told the story about how he was arrested. Even as a kid, when the two would be forced to play because of their fathers, Clove found Eugene to be stuck up, which was odd considering they're both Factory station. He'd always seen himself as better than everybody else, and when he'd gotten himself arrested for assaulting a random woman from Hydra station, Clove had a good laugh. She wondered if he still thought he was better than everybody.

Miller stood to her right, continuously whispering comments about Eugene's self-absorbed story that made Clove laugh. They had bonded a lot during their shared guard shifts (Clove had all but begged Bellamy to make her a gunner. She'd be damned if she let grounders wipe her out because 'these dimwits can't do anything right!') over Eugene's intolerable qualities, considering Miller's cell had been right next to Eugene's. "Stop," Clove muttered, nudging Miller's shoulder as she stifled another giggle. "I don't want him to go off on a rant about how much easier our lives would be if we actually listened to him. You know he would."

"Yeah," Miller chuckled.

"Are you two even listening?" Eugene conveniently interrupted. "You guys should be more like Fox," Clove made a confused face. Why should anybody be more like... Fox? "She, unlike you, knows how to listen." Fox glanced over with pleading eyes, all but verbally screaming for help.

"I'm sorry, Eunice," Clove fake pouted. "I didn't think you'd be able to hear us over your enormous ego."

"You know I hate being called that," He glared at the girl.

"Do you? It's just been so long, I must have forgotten. How about you carry on with your story, pal?"

"...Fine. As I was saying..."

"Somebody hit the trip wire!" Connor shouted to the delinquents, turning everybody's attention to the wall.

"Oh, thank god," Miller mumbled. "We definitely should go check that out."

"Yes. Come on, Fox. Bye, Eunice!" Clove called out, grabbing her friend by the arm and pulling her away from the fire.

The three of them walked towards the crowd, Miller following some people out of the walls, whereas Clove and Fox opted to stay just inside them. "Is that how you feel when you talk to me?"

"He's about a thousand times worse, but if you mean bored out of my mind, then yes," Clove spoke disinterestedly, watching the delinquents investigate the noise.

"Murphy?" Octavia called out.

"Holy shit."

Clove watched as a couple people grabbed him and brought him through the gate, gaping at how bloody and broken he looked. She followed them into the dropship, where they set Murphy down and surrounded him with guns. After some silence, Clove stepped forward. "Well, you look like shit."