Chapter 6

Gasping, Maleficent jerked up at 2am in the morning. She'd just dreamt of the night she left Hades again, of the night she'd returned back to the Forbidden Fortress. Come to think of it, Maleficent didn't know where they put it, along with her scepter and stone Diablo. Erasing the dream desperately, Maleficent stood up and walked to the balcony. The dream…...it was about 16 to 17 years ago yet she still couldn't put it down. Her hatred to humans was there, but so was the bit of love for Hades that she tried to ignore by calling him weak and pathetic.

            Looking down at the city from up above, Maleficent used anger at the people to cover up for her dream. “FOOLS! IDIOTS! MORONS!” Maleficent shouted down at some citizens trying to fight with her servants and she felt the floor below her tremble. For she still had her evil touch, and she reveled in the fear her wrath had caused. The room next door shook, and for a moment Maleficent was worried that the things Mal had stocked from stealing might collapse on her as the ceiling of Mal's four poster bed always threatened to fall upon her. But, Maleficent knew Mal would be fine, that tough girl of hers.

        True enough, in her own room, Mal, like Maleficent, just woke up from a nightmare of Auradon’s Prince, Ben. While Maleficent saw her past lover, Mal saw her future love, but at that point of time she treated it as a nightmare of her life. “Mother really knows how to make for a rude awakening...” Mal muttered as she pulled off her purple pyjamas and changed into her full purple leather, laced up her leather combat boots, and avoided looking at the girl in the mirror that had a pale complexion that complemented sharp piercing green eyes and purple locks. Tugging on her high collar and dusting on the mini dragon wings on her shoulder, Mal grabbed her backpack, swung it on her back, and headed for the Slop Shop before getting late for school.

           It was so easy, all she needed to do was just swipe her cup of black-as-your-soul coffee from under the goblin’s nose. They never learned from a lesson, Mal smirked, as she held her cup and stole things from the displays of every shop she passed. When she finally stopped, Jay had taken her cup, but after he handed it back she didn't want it anymore. Trading stuff as they headed for school, the two grinned as they heard from a far the ringing bell for school. They were successfully late for Dragon Hall Prep, another old wicked day again.

                             ~2 weeks later~

         Maleficent sat on her high backed black throne waiting for Mal to return. She was secretly proud that her daughter, like her, had gone to a party to make someone wretched, but there were more important things. Hearing the door creak open, Maleficent asked Mal, “What’s the time now missy?” Not understanding why Maleficent would ask that question and why she suddenly had a curfew, Mal replied, “About 2am in the morning?” “I thought so.” Maleficent made herself sound cold as she corrected her purple wristwatch, a gift from Hades that many years ago. Mal never asked, so Maleficent never explained.

           “Where was I? Ahh...Evil lives!” Maleficent spoke, then Mal finally realised they were not alone, for a raven was perched on Maleficent's left fingers. “Diablo swears when he was unfrozen, he saw my scepter spark to life beside him! I want you to find it back for me!” Maleficent demanded and Mal shook her head, “Hard to believe Auradon would leave such an impressive weapon somewhere on this isle. Where is it?” “Well, I don't speak Raven do I? It's just somewhere on this blasted island!” Maleficent fumed and gave Mal a briefing before sending Mal to her room. As she left Diablo perched on his makeshift stand and headed to her room, she thought to herself, “If I could find a way off this island, besides revenge, maybe I could find Hades...” But she didn't let her hopes to high, lest she couldn't get off the isle.