Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Down One Ribbon

" Have you guys seen Cass?" I asked as I sat down next to Jackie and Spencer, who both shook their heads. It was at that moment that Snape approached us. " Miss Riddle, Mr. Levi, Miss McNeil, if you would, please come with me." He said before turning to walk away.

" Did you prank him again?" I asked Jackie as we followed after Snape, and she shook her head. My heart started to race as we reached the Hospital wing, but the full weight of it didn't hit me until we saw the motionless figure on the bed. Her blue unblinking eyes stared up at the ceiling with a look of pure shock frozen on her face. " Cass..." Jackie muttered wide-eyed before going over to sit in the empty chair next to her bed.

" She was found in one of the upstairs hallways, along with a Mr. Justin Finch-Fletchley, and the ghost of Gryffindor house. I'm afraid, like Mr. Creevy and Mrs. Norris, she's been petrified." Jackie began to sob quietly, while Spencer just stood staring off at nothing, he showed no emotion but his hair was slowly turning a deep blue. Me, I just felt useless, knowing that there was nothing I could do for Cass, but also knowing that I had to find the Chamber and quickly. I was the only one who could tame the creature within. I just hoped that it didn't find me first.

Snape left us with Cass, and the three of sat with her until Madam Pomfrey shooed us out and told us to get some sleep because we had been sitting there all day. On our way to the common room, Jackie glanced over at me. " Emrys, there has to be something we can do."

" There isn't, Jackie, not you two at least."

" Emrys-" Spencer started to say.

" I'm going to find the chamber, and I don't want you guys getting hurt."

" We want to help." Jackie pushed but I wasn't going to bend, not with this.

" You can help, by staying away, please." I pleaded." I couldn't handle it if I lost two friends to this."

Jackie stormed off to her common room, and Spencer said nothing the whole way back to Slytherin common room, but I knew that they weren't ready to give up on the subject.

I was called to Dumbledore's office the next morning, but when I reached the statue I found him waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs. " I apologize for keeping you from your friends, Miss Riddle."

" I don't think they are very happy with me right now, Headmaster."

" A sad thing, when close friends fight. I can sympathize." He said before he started walking. " Come along, Miss Riddle." He called out and I followed after him in confusion. After several minutes, we came to the trophy room and Dumbledore turned to face a very familiar cabinet.

" You and your father share many qualities, Miss Riddle." He said and I looked away. " I know, sir."

" We don't choose our family, no matter how much we wish we could, or how much they disappoint us. All we can do, is accept that which cannot be changed about them."

" You didn't bring me down here to talk about my dad, did you?" I asked.

 " No. No, I didn't. Miss Riddle, what happened last time can not be repeated."

" I know, sir. I just don't know who it could be."

" You don't believe it is Mr. Potter?"

" No, Harry would never do something like this. This is someone else."

" Let us hope then, that we catch the attacker quickly.