Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Pranks and Pixies

An annoyed expression crossed my face as I tried to tune out Malfoy, who was rambling on and on about something. I shared a look with Cass and Spencer, before reaching over, picking up a roll off the nearest plate and chucking it at him. " Shut up already, your giving me a migraine." I told him as the roll bounced off the top of his very blonde head.

" Something wrong, Riddle?" Malfoy sneered. " Worried about your-" He was cut off Cass launched the next roll at him, hitting him between the eyes. " You wont shut up, that's what's wrong." I said before she threw another one causing us to look at her in confusion.

" It's just fun now. I'm trying to bounce it off his head."

" And you were so close." Spencer sighed.

" I know." She agreed before biting into a piece of chicken. Malfoy shut up after that, but I knew that he was just loading up his mouth for when we got back to the common room. I swear, sometimes I wondered why I had been unlucky enough to have him for a cousin. The rest of that was a blur, and I was to tired to even question Cass' reason for wanting to sleep on the couch in the common room that night, or even tell Malfoy to shut up the moment he started ranting about Harry Potter. I feel asleep before my head hit the pillow, not even having enough energy to change out of my school robes.

Jackie met us at the Hufflepuff table the next morning, much like she had last year, though she had a look on her face that clearly showed that was planning something. " More glitter bombs?" Cass asked and she grinned. " Maybe..."

" You should set one off on Lockheart." Spencer told her. " Give him a warm welcome to Hogwarts."

" I might just, thanks, Spence." Jackie agreed and I rolled my eyes at them as he leaned toward her. " Let me know if you need any help." Spencer told her. Cass started to say something, but was cut off as a loud screeching filled the Great Hall. " RONALD WEASLEY, HOW DARE YOU STEAL THAT CAR. I AM ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED. YOUR FATHER IS SUFFERING AN INQURY AT WORK, AND ITS ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT.  IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE. OUT OF LINE. WE WILL BRING YOU STRIGHT HOME. "

" What was that?" Cass asked.

" A howler." Spencer, Jackie, and I all responded before glancing toward the Gryffindor table. Poor Ron.

It was the break during Lunch, that I had finally had enough of Malfoy. I was walking through the courtyard, on my way to meet the others, when I spotted him and his minions picking on Harry, and a first year with a camera. I was just about to send a spell toward him, when Ron beat me to it, though with his broken wand, all he succeeded in doing was calling the attention of a very annoying Professor Lockheart. The bell rang as the first year took a photo of Harry and Lockheart, and I trailed along after them with an annoyed look on my face. Spencer and Cass soon joined me as I sat down near the back the back.

 " Ready to ace this class. " Cass asked Spencer, who rolled his eyes.

Lockheart handed out a bunch of Quizzes, and I heard Spencer grumble under his breath in annoyance at the test. Half an hour later, he took them back up and I wasn't surprised when he said that most of us needed to reread his books. His books were utter rubbish, just as Spencer had said.

For the next part of the class, he pulled out a cage covered in a large cloth. Cass, along with several others leaned forward in curiosity. That curiosity soon dimmed when he removed the cloth to reveal a cage full of pixies. Dean Thomas, a Gryffindor who sat closer to the front began to laugh and mock the small creatures, and to prove that they weren't something to be messed with, Lockheart opened the cage and released them. Cass began to giggle as the tiny creatures started to destroy the room, and terrorize everyone, but went quiet when Spencer and I yanked her under the desk for cover by the back of her robes.