Ch. 36 : Teresa

"Dad?". I looked up from the papers on the desk to see Teresa at the entrance of the office. "What are you doing here?" She asked with a look of distaste. I took her presence in and noticed she had a arm sling on. "Im working can't you see?" I asked. "Where's my father?" She asked. I ignored her and went back to work. "Your not going to respond?".

I heard the door shut and I exhaled loudly. "Your no one here" a voice said. I looked up from the papers to see Teresa leaning against the desk. We were face to face now. "I wouldn't say that. Especially now that I run la cosa Nostra". "My father would never allow that" she hissed.

"Before he would do that, he would hand  la cosa nostra to me. Im the rightful leader". I scoffed at that. "You don't have the guts to run a business like this" I whispered and smiled in her face. 

"And You do?" She asked. There was a knock on the door and in entered one of aless- my men. I smiled at him. "Food is ready boss". "We also have news about who shot your brother" he whispered.

I told him to enter and smiled. "What did you find out?" I asked. "We found the person who was in charge of telling someone victors location" he said. "Was ot one of ours?" I asked. He nodded.

I looked at Teresa. "You think you have the guts to run a mafia?" I asked and stood up. "Wheres my uncle?" I asked the man. "He went to see your brother". I smiled at that. "Take her to the warehouse" I ordered.

The man looked at teresa and them at me. "I don't think-". I stopped him before he could say anything else. "Its an order. I didn't ask for your opinion" I hissed.

He nodded and took hold of Teresa. "Charles what are you doing" she exclaimed and tried to remove herself from his grip. I followed behind him and we made our way out of the house and into the warehouse. There seated in the middle of the room was a man with his head low. "What did you get out of him?" I asked the men who were in there.

"He didn't say anything". Hmm. "Let her go" I ordered charles and he did what was told. I put my hand put and someone handed me a gun. "Here" I said and pushed the gun into Teresa's chest.

"What?" She asked shocked. "Kill him" I said. She shook her head and tried to hand me the gun. "You said you should be the one to run this mafia" I whispered and took hold of her hand.

I pulled her straight in front of the man in the chair and held her hand strongly. "Shoot him" I told her. She shook her head violently. "I said shoot him" I yelled. "Boss I-". I cut the men out. I placed the gun in her hand and placed it against the mans head.

"This is What I do" I said and made her stand in front of me. She was crying at the moment. "And I've been doing it since my teen years" I told her and made her pull the trigger.

She screamed as the bullet went into the man and blood splattered on her. I let go of her hand and she fell on the floor. She sobbed and the men around me begin to move. "No" I yelled.

"Imma let you in on something. The rumors of me being heartless and running the Bratva without mercy are true" I told them. "And I've known those men since birth. If You think i won't shoot you on the spot for disobeying my orders, you are wrong".

"I want you to clean this mess up and that's it" I said. "Let her take care of her self". "How could you make me do that" Teresa yelled as I was about to walk away, her sobs still in the air. "I was 10 when I was rapped by one of my fathers men. He died on top of me, was shot straight in the face. I had his blood and mine on me" I said. The room was silent.

"Trust me. You weren't made for this life" I whispered and walked out of the warehouse. I walked into the house and saw my uncle with his wife. "Have You eaten?" My uncle asked. "Yes. I'm going home now" I told them. They nodded at that. As I was about to walk out of the house, I heard gasps. I turned my head sideways to look at what was happening.

"What happened?" My uncle asked Teresa. "It was an accident" she said. "Teresa-". "Im going to take a shower" she said and begin to walk. "I'm sorry" she whispered and walked up the stairs.

I made my way out of the house and made my way to my car. I felt a pressure on my chest and felt my head heat up. Tears streamed down my face as I began to drive out of the estate.

I'm sorry.

That kept repeating in my head as I made my way to my pent. I parked in my garage and made my way to the elevator. The doors opened and I stepped in and placed my code in. The elevator went up and I punched the elevators wall.

Im sorry.

I fell on my knees as I let the tears flow freely. I made myself believe I was done with this issue, but I wasn't. A peace of me hated myself for letting it happen.

The elevator door opened and I stood up and walked in. I took my heels off and made my way upstairs. I walked into my room and then into the bathroom and turned the shower on. I undressed and got into the shower.

The warm water caused goosebumps to form all over my body and I sobbed. What was wrong with me? These past few weeks events crashed on me and I sat on the showers floor and cried.

Why was I so emotional? After a few minutes I finished crying and I washed my hair and turned the shower off. I wrapped a towel around me and made my way to my closet. I dressed in some silk pajamas and made my way into the bed. I closed my eyes and felt sleep take me in. I was emotionally exhausted and overwhelmed with todays events.

I'm sorry.