Ch. 32 : sleep over

I drove in a hurried pace out of the city. Where was I going? I don't know. I felt my chest tighten as a uncontrollable feeling engulfed me. Why was I so emotional? I took deep breaths of air as tears streamed down my face. "Why cant life be easy?" I asked myself and pulled over.

I parked and just cried. I set my head on the steering wheel and let myself be vulnerable. I felt like going on a trip. Far away from here, somewhere where I could be alone with my demons. I closed my head as I thought about everything I had gone through. Had my father gone to pick up his new daughter? Was My brother happy because he was finally going to get the sister he wanted?

I sat up straight and stared at what was in front of me. "Get yourself Together Venice" I said to myself and rubbed the tears away. I took hold of my phone and dialed someone I hadn't talked to in a while. On the second ring they answered. "Hello?" She asked in a groggy voice. "Hey" I said.

"Naomi?" She asked. "Hey adira" I said and smiled sadly. "What's wrong?" She asked. "Can I go over?" I asked. "Yeah. Yeah come over" she said and I thanked her and hung up. I set my phone down with shaky hands and drove back into the city.

After a hour I finally arrived and parked in her buildings garage and made my way to the elevator. I made my way up to the reception area and was surprised to see adira standing there in silk pajamas. I walked over to her and she pulled me in for a hug.

"Don't tell me anything" she said as we walked to the elevator. We got in and headed up. "How are You?" I asked as I looked at her belly. "Good. In a month, I'll be able to know the gender" she said. I smiled at that. "What do you want it to be?" I asked. "I don't mind" she said. I stared at her and then the doors opened.

"Laura's here" she said. "Is she" I said. "She practically has been living with me" adira said and laughed. I smiled at that. "I heard that" Laura's voice rang as we made our way to the living room. Laura was seated on the couch with stacks of paper work on her lap.

"What are you doing?" I asked. "Just fixing up some things" she said and I smiled at her. "Tell me they're not all mine" I said and laura smiled at me and shook her head. "I'll see you two tomorrow" adira said and made her way to the stairs case to go up.

I sat next to laura and took hold of some papers and read over them. "Those are criminal defense papers" she said and grabbed the sheets from my hands and handed me business contracts. "Those are your thing" she said and handed me a pen.

"How are you?" I asked as I read over a sheet and started underlining and making notes on specific things. "Good. I Might be here just this month and next" she grunted out. "When did you set up security" she whispered and I looked at her. "When I found out she was pregnant" I whispered back.

"Your men nearly killed me" she hissed and I laughed. "They're doing their job correctly then" I said and we smiled. "Your opening your own firm?" I asked as I read a contract sheet on a building bought under her name. She nodded. "Yep".

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked. "You were busy" she said. "By the way". She handed me a stack of contacts. "These are for you" she finished. I grabbed them and set them to my side. "My father has another kid" I whispered. Laura stopped her working and looked at me.

"A week ago my uncle held a family gathering to welcome back teresa" I started. "I never liked her" laura said and I chuckled. "Well things got heated. I ended up shooting her, Victor and Hugo" I said. "You shot her?" She asked and looked at me like I was crazy.

"I also slapped my mother and my father then slapped me" I finished. Laura looked at me astonished. "Well" she said and I laughed. Laura pulled me in for a hug and that's when I noticed I was crying yet again. "Then two weeks or so ago I ended up sleeping with Russ Nitori and told Hugo I loved him" I said and felt her rub my back.

"Today I was in russia and flew in a hurry to the U.S. and found my office destroyed by those morons" I said and laura pulled me away from her. "Who?". "Zander, Hugo, Russ, Sergei, and Bruno" I said. "Well Bruno didn't fight. But he also didn't stop them" I said exhausted and shrugged.

"I feel moody" I said and saw her look at me in a weird way. "You should get some sleep" she said and we stood up. "Come on" she said and we walked to the stairs and made our way up. We walked to a room and I laid in bed. "Laura" I said. She looked at me. "Come her" I said and pulled her on the bed.

We laid there together. "Thank you" I said and she stayed silent. "For being there for me even though you don't know completely what I do" I whispered and closed my eyes. I felt her squeeze my hand and then I entered a comatose state.

~~~

I woke up to feel someone on me. I looked at the person on my chest and spotted laura. I rubbed her back and ran my hand through her hair. "Stop it" laura grumbled out and swatted my hand away. I looked at my clock to see it was 10:30. "Don't we have to work?" I asked.

That got her to get up. "Oh my gosh your right" laura said and jumped out of bed. I stood up and made my way out of the room and bumped into adira. "Hey" she said. I smiled at her. "Hey" I said. "I brought you some clothes and a tooth brush" she said.

I grabbed the items out of her hands and thanked her. "I'll see you later" she said and walked down the hallway. I made my way back into the room and into the bathroom. I took a quick shower and then dressed up in the clothes Adira had given me. They weren't my usual clothes.

I slid the tight red fitting dress on and groaned internally. I usually wore black or neutral colors. Never bright colors. I washed my mouth and then made my way back into the room. I slid my heels on and then walked back out and made my way down the stairs.

I made my way to the kitchen to see adira with a green figure hugging dress and white heels. Her belly looked cute. She had on a white blazer to go with her shoes. "You look lovely" I said and adira smiled. "Thank you" she said. After a few minutes laura walked in.

"Why did I have to wear the red dress?" I asked as I saw that laura was wearing a emerald green dress like Laura's. Except hers was adorned with black stripes and was longer. Laura smiled at me and then at adira. "Well let's go" laura said and we made our way to the elevator.

Laura opened her purse and handed adira a scarf and glasses. "Cover and I'll open the doors" laura told adira and I smiled at that. "They have been bugging us for a while. She's going to have to wear baggy clothes soon" laura said. Adira laughed at that.

"Thanks for calling me fat" adira said and I chuckled. The elevator doors opened and I raised my hand at them and stepped out of the elevator. I was practically blinded by flashes. I clenched my jaw at that and covered my eyes. "I need you to turn your cameras off" I said.

They didn't. "I asked the nice way" I whispered and walked past them. "iz ukrytiya" I said and watched as my men stepped out of hiding and stood in front of me. I pointed at the media and they walked over to them. They pushed them away from where adira was and I walked to the elevator.

"Come" I said and watched her and laura step out of the metal box. They walked to their cars and got in. I waved at them as they left and looked at my men. "prodolzhat" I said letting them go. They left and soon the media surrounded me.

I ignored every single one of their questions and got in my car. I drove out of the parking spot and made my way into the street. After some 20 minutes I finally arrived at my company. I got out of my car and headed in. My employees moved out of my way as I made my way to the elevator.

I pressed the top button and waited for the elevator to go up. After a few minutes it stopped and opened again. I stepped out to see Hugo, Zander, Russ, Sergei, and Bruno seated down on the floor. "What's going on?" I asked. "I told them to sit". I turned towards the voice to spot a man in his early 20s.

Not really a man. He still looked to be boyish. "And you are?" I asked.