Chapter 24

Hahaha I never update but I promise to get better

"Lily—" I tried to call out in vain, a hand cupping over my mouth.

"Shh, just stay quiet and still. It will make everything easier," Dallon's calm voice broke through the sound of tule being snipped off around my waist and Lu's silent grunts of pain.

"Mmmphh!" I struggled against him, kicking and screaming.

However, he just shook his head. "The more you struggle, the more likely you are to be cut."

I don't care, I thought.

Brendon rushed to Lu's side, head full of concern for her and, as it seemed, for me. "It's gonna be okay," he consoled her as he put pressure on her stomach.

A stab wound. I eyed the bloody scissors and Lily's nonchalant expression. Suddenly, the chill on my legs and my apparent lack of skirt made me embarrassed, but I couldn't move my arms enough to cover myself up.

"Don't be such a prude," Lily jabbed. "I didn't cut the whole thing off. Just most of it." She then moved to stand beside Dallon, helping him to keep me at bay.

"Dallon, you. . . you. . ." but Brendon couldn't finish his sentence. He bit his lip.

"You knew this was coming, don't act like I'm the bad guy."

I looked at Brendon helplessly. He stared me back, a great sadness in his eyes. His hands grasped for something he could not obtain, and his feet longed to move somewhere he could not go.

"Dallon, please. . . don't take her, I swear it won't happen again."

Dallon scoffed. "Yeah, just like you swore it wouldn't happen he first time. And look where we are." He pointed a gun at my head. I shivered at the feeling. A whimper parted my lips at the thought that at one movement of his finger I could be finished. "I have the upper hand this time, Brendon. You don't call the shots in this situation. If you get in my way too much, I might just have to make a poor sacrifice."

Brendon nearly stood up and confronted Dallon before Lu reached out her arm to stop him and sat up completely. She directed her focus to Lily. "It seems Mr. Urie and I were not mistaken about you, miss. You do stir up mischief wherever you go. Your plans were not unnoticed by us."

Lily chuckled in response. "Pft. Drop the formalities. This isn't ballroom dance class."

"Alright, then," Lu managed to shakily stand herself back up, hand pressed to her abdomen. "I guess I have permission to address you as anything I would like. I am still deciding, though."

Lily was not the least bit interested in the conversation. At this point she was lazily tossing the scissors in her hand, her eyes occasionally shifting to the door, planning her exit. "Ah, and what's that?"

"I can't decide whether the name 'asshole' better compliments your appearance or your personality."

I could grasp nothing more after Lu's words other than how strangely quiet the sound of her gun was when it was fired, and how almost nonexistent Lily's expression of pain was when the bullet lodged in her upper arm.

"Fuck," Lily breathed out. However, there was something off putting about how calm she was. It scared me, and almost immediately after the gun fired I looked at Lu. She held a stiff expression, her pistol, silencer attached, was still aimed at Lily.

But Lily's next statement was completely devoid of any signs of discomfort. "You are making this a lot more difficult than it should be." And with that, she smiled and reached under her dress.

Without warning, a shiny object was hurled at Lu with a remarkable speed. It barely missed her head. Now Dallon's gun was pointed at Lu, and his arm moved to tighten around my neck.

I strained my head, limbs pulling against Dallon's grip. I didn't want to die not knowing what was happening. I needed closure.

Bouncing happily, ignoring my struggles and shaky breathing, Lily stood in front of me.

Under Lily's purple dress was a pair of shorts with a belt around it, and around said belt were several, several small knives.

"These ones are all my favorites, you see?" Lily spoke to me as if I were a child. "It's a shame I may have to use them on you." I flinched. She smiled. "Don't make me use them, okay?" I didn't respond

She turned, about to go back to fighting, but a part of me knew I was going to die very soon. I needed to get any sort of information.

"Lily, are you working for the government, too?"

She turned back to me. I saw Brendon signal Lu to remain to the side for a moment while he fixed her wounds.

Her reaction was delayed. She inevitably laughed. "Too young."

"Then why are you here?" I asked.

She soured. "Stop asking dumb questions. I can kill you, you know?"

"Well, if you were going to kill me you already would have," I quivered a bit, the reality of my situation sinking in. "Tell me, while I'm still alive, why are you here right now? Why are you standing here with a bullet wound and a belt of throwing knives under your party dress?"

She seemed to contemplate it.

"What are you supposed to be gaining?" I added.

Dallon's arm squeezed around my throat and I gagged. That was an obvious signal for me to shut the fuck up.

I watched as Lily made her way back over toward Brendon and Lu. But then she stopped. She paused in her movements. "My dad works for the government. He has a similar job to Dallon."

If I could see Dallon's face as of now it would probably be one of sheer disbelief, and possibly even anger, at the fact that she answered my question.

Despite this, though, Lily continued. "I do his bidding because I can." With the flick of her wrist, a knife was thrown at Lu who easily dodged it.

"Lily, I wouldn't—" Dallon could not even finish a sentence before Lily cut him off.

"So what? She's either going to be killed or brain dead by the end of the night. She might as well get some clarity on the situation."

Brendon's eyes widened. He looked as though he expected the worst.

"You, [f/n] [l/n], had your life fucked up when you met Brendon Urie." The flick of a knife. "You were about 16. You met him through Dallon and quickly became friends." Another knife. "One way or another, you walk in on one of his experiments and, welp, here we are."

"That's so vague," I complained. "That does not give me any information as to why I am currently being taken under government custody and possibly killed!"

Lily opened her mouth, prepared to respond, when she was met with the most unwelcoming surprise: Brendon's gun pressing against her temple.

"Shut the fuck up. Let me tell the damn story."

I love beebs

Sorry for being gone for so long :(