Chapter 20

Hope all of you enjoy!!!

I hadn't known what to expect before I arrived, but when I had, it all seemed very black and white for me. People were everywhere, their beautiful attire seeming to brighten up the room, men chatting whilst sipping wine, the smallest whispers of classical music, Mr. Weekes and many official-looking men congregating in a corner, and there he was, in all of his glory, Brendon Urie.

Now I knew I had been to at least one of these parties before and they were supposed to be exciting, but everything became dull as soon as I entered those newly painted double doors. That couldn't stop me from doing anything to spite Brendon, but it did make me less interested in doing so.

To my satisfaction, he didn't seem to notice me when I arrived. The girls immediately started to tug me to and fro, making sure to keep a close eye on where Brendon was.

"I could get to dance with him this time," Lexi fantasized.

Meagan's eyes had a twinkle in them. "Oh my gosh that would make my life complete." They both held each other in excitement, jumping up and down.

"There he is, there he is!" Lexi cheered.

Meagan squealed back. "I haven't taken my eyes off of him from the moment I walked in!"

"You guys are too into him," I shook my head in disapproval.

Lily's attention shifted to me. "You aren't?"

"Nah, I have a different type." My eyes shifted around the room. "Maybe a guy who's taller."

As soon as the words left my mouth I was walking away, my feet guiding me to the location I had in mind. Meagan and Lexi gave me an incredulous stare and Lily let out a worried gasp, not wanting to be separated but too anxious to follow without knowing my destination.

To my surprise, I didn't have to shove past people. They all turned to look at me as I glided by, stepping out of the way to let me through.

And finally, I arrived. "Mr. Weekes, it is so nice to see you again."

"Ah, Miss [y/n]," his body turned toward me. "You look absolutely stunning."

"I could say the same about yourself, sir."

All the business men he had been chatting up gave a light bow in my direction, some of them offering Dallon a smug look.

"You're too kind," Dallon bowed too, his gloved hands at his sides. I noted how he was tremendously more graceful than the others. "If anything I should be the one giving you praise after praise. Stunning is describing you lightly."

The men wolf whistled at his charm.

"It seems you have your hands full," one of them said. "I hadn't the slightest clue you had a woman, Mr. Weekes."

The others gave small snickers. "Quite a beauty in that dress, too."

"Now, now, men don't own women. And they are, by far, more than their clothing," Dallon shooed them away and they scattered, leaving us by ourselves. I could almost feel the intense gazes of the three friends I left behind. Sensing their curiosity rise by the second, I decided it would be a good idea to give them what they wanted.

"Quite the feminist you are there, huh?"

Dallon smiled despite his usual expressionlessness. "I am a firm believer that women are not defined by their looks or household skills, madam."

"Wow," I crossed my arms, "you may simply just be attempting to flatter me, but consider me impressed. I would not mind spending the entirety of the party with just you and only you." I reached out my hand which he took in his own and leaned down to kiss it.