Chapter 19

Sleeping that night is what I feared most.

I didn't have the intention to stain Lexi's carpet or gross out the other girls. Vomiting didn't always occur, but there was a slight chance it could.

Instead, I distracted myself by living in the moment, letting myself enjoy the sweets Lily provided. There was nothing I could do except stay up all night, but I wouldn't let the fear of spewing out my insides cause me to form dark bags under my eyes. Coffee couldn't help that. Maybe a little makeup, but the negative outcomes outweighed the positive.

Unlike most sleepovers, Lexi made sure we went to bed early. She claimed that we needed our beauty sleep if we planned to do our best at the party tomorrow. I found that quite strange, mostly because the party was at night.

"So, what are your plans?" I remember Lily asking.

She sensed my confusion and continued. "You, um, seem to have something against that Brendon Urie. You probably have something planned for the party tomorrow, right?"

I suddenly became interested in the silk pajamas clothing me. "I don't really have anything against him," the silk bunched up around my ankles naturally, making it easy to grab onto in my attempt to relieve any nervousness. "It's complicated, though. I don't hate him, but I don't trust him. He's done a lot of things to annoy me."

Lily tilted to her head to the side, gazing at the sleeping figures of the other girls in the room while twiddling her thumbs. I was intrigued at how easily her quiet, anxious personality seemed to fade. She still was nervous, but not to her normal extent. "Hmm, okay. So you still like him?"

"Like him?" I asked. Perhaps her calm nature was simply because it was only the two of us. "What. . . What do you mean? Like him how, exactly?"

"You tell me," she giggled.

"I mean," I heated up at my what she had been insinuating, "like I said, I don't hate him. He's. . . supportive. But his intentions confuse me, I guess."

Lily nodded and, gladly, didn't ask anything else. I hadn't answered her initial question, but she didn't seem to mind. Before I knew it, she had moved her sleeping bag to a corner away from the rest of us, her eyes flickered closed, and I was left alone with my own thoughts.

The next morning had been rough. I woke up with a start, my blanket no longer covering me, and a blaring head ache. In that moment, I noted how lucky and smart Lily was for moving away from me as I ran to the bathroom and vomited in the sink.

"Shit," I whispered. I wish I had made it to the toilet at least, but I hadn't, and I wanted to clean it up. I washed out my mouth and brushed my teeth, then found some bleach and baking soda in a cabinet, mixed them together, and poured it around the bowl and down the drain. Finding a sponge, I scrubbed around before washing it, too, with bleach.

Hiding the evidence, I washed my hands and went back into Lexi's room. A sense of calm washed over me as I realized the worst was over, but I began to reflect. Although I hadn't the slightest desire to, the contents of my dream came back to me.

The dream took place at a party, one of Brendon's in particular. I had been wearing a floor-length sheath dress, which was pink in honor of the party theme. The style was completely unlike the dress I was planning to wear to Brendon's Christmas party later today, except for one common aspect: the sweetheart neckline.

I found this dream particularly funny, considering that sweetheart was what Brendon commonly called me, and that, apparently, the dream took place at a party at the mansion.

The party had been a pink and yellow theme, classic for Easter. I wasn't exactly sure of the year this party took place, but I seemed to already know Brendon in advance. I was filled with a sense of nauseating confusion at this notion. I had met him before, and I knew that, but the Halloween party this year hadn't been my first party according to this dream, and I seemed very friendly with him at this Easter party. As if I had known him for quite a while and we had an extremely stable friendship.

That wasn't the only detail I noticed was different, though. My appearance was so drastically unfamiliar. My hair length, my personal sense of style, and even my age were not the same as they were now. Not only my appearance, but also my personality. It seemed my morals, my attitude, and my way of speaking were different. I was formal and polite to everyone I met, even Brendon. It seemed I lived off of my social status, giving a prestigious aura, and that I was brought up to address others with perfect mannerisms.

Like Brendon was.

All of the girls slowly woke up through my daydreaming session, and Lexi promptly made us eat and then start getting ready. I was baffled at how early she had made us start. After all, the party started at 5:30 and it was 10 in the morning.

I had realized why when a team of professional cosmetologists entered through her front door and began readying their supplies, meeting us in a room covered in mirrors and good lighting. I didn't have the slightest clue why Lexi had a room like this in her house.

"Alright, honey. Show me the dress, it will give me inspiration," a male directed at me. I gave him a small salute and made my way to grab it from the closet in Lexi's room.

I didn't have the chance to when Lexi's mother had greeted me holding just the item I was looking for.

"Oh, thank-" but I cut myself off when I took a closer look at her face. "Mrs. Gillan?"

Her mouth opened in realization. "Oh my gosh, you're Mr. Urie's girl! I didn't even notice, it's so nice to see you again."

The other three girls, who were in the middle of getting their hair done, all made sure they were allowed to turn in the direction of our conversation, listening intently.

"What? [Y/n]'s dating Brendon Urie?" Lexi called out, stupefied.

I covered my mouth in embarrassment, but managed to get out what I wanted to say. "No! I just went out to dinner with him to meet some of his coworkers. I should be the one who's surprised to know I've already met your mother."

Lexi nervously laughed.

"Then you should be very surprised to know that Mr. Huson is Meagan's father," Mrs. Gillan smiled.

"What the f. . . irst lady?" I saved myself from cursing.

"Honey, we have to get you started or else we won't be done in time," the male cosmetologist stated, asking me to sit down.

I highly doubted he wouldn't finish in time for the party, though.

As I assumed, the hair and makeup only took around an hour to two hours, depending on the girl in question.

Meagan's look was characterized by white eyeshadow and snow-like makeup, her lips dark blue to match her dress. If I didn't have the dress I did now, I might have found something similar to hers for my plan. The dress was a two piece: a white, off-the-shoulder crop top with a floor-length blue skirt, embroidered snowflakes around the waistband.

Lily's dress was knee-length and, as she had liked, purple. The top was white, like Meagan's, but the skirt of her dress was a beautiful violet. The skirt was puffed out and breezed gracefully around her legs. Her makeup was a natural smokey eye paired with sharp highlighter and contour, only the slightest bit of lipgloss glazing her lips.

Last, but not least, was Lexi's dress. Fitting her personality, she settled for a party dress. It was strapless with a tight bodice and natural waistline. The skirt was made of tule, the entirety of it white, except for sequins that lay in abundance at the chest and gradually got lower in amount as it neared the skirt. To fit her dress, her makeup was a very light blue, except for the lips, which were a nude color.

For snowflakes, Lily and Lexi wore matching brooches.

And there was me. My makeup was beautiful, considering it had been applied by a professional. Red smokey eye, wine lipstick, highlighter, contour, everything was perfect. The last touch was to add the smallest snowflake stickers around my cheekbones and eyes.

As we waited for the party, which was quite a long time, my mind couldn't stop working.

And as we jumped in the limo provided by Mrs. Gillan, my heart couldn't stop racing.

I was going to do something that could possibly change the entire course of my existence, and I sure hoped it did.

Hope you enjoyed!!!