Six+

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song-----------}

"Insulin" By Crystal Castles

Six+

Ornias sits on his throne in hell and watches with his second vision the image of his only son with this human woman. A gifted human woman but still she is a human. He can’t help but lament his luck. First his daughter is mated to a lowly vampire and now his son is cavorting around with some pathetic human.

Ornias was an angel himself when he was created but after he sided on the losing side of a war he was cast out of the heavenly realm. He didn’t mind it really, he found this place, a place of torture, pain and blood, just perfect for a man such as him. The only thing he could find himself to be bitter about was the fact he still answered to the laws of the creator.

It was how he was banished from the human level of the cosmos. His children were there living lives far beneath them and though he offered them positions as rulers of the damned they refused him. It was one of the things that enraged the usually cavalier demon general to the point of unrestrained violence. Their weakness simply disgusted him.

Shaking off the anger building even as he thought about it he runs a black stained hand through his midnight colored hair and sighs. His jet black eyes glint in the darkness and the red ring around his irises expands as he calls upon his unholy gifts to call to another of his cohorts.

He has a plan forming in his mind but unfortunately he needs to go about it through other means than he usually would.

“Lilith.” He calls into the abyss.

A cloud of black shadow appears in the center of his throne room and in strides the woman herself. Lilith was a demoness of high rank and nearly as old as Lucifer and Ornias themselves. She is also a beautiful woman, sinfully so. Her hair is thick and as red as blood while her eyes are the color of the lightest blue, nearly translucent in their shade. Her skin is beautifully milky only and enhanced by the tight red peplos that drape her voluptuous body.

He can see why she is such a hit with the devil himself.

“You called?” She huffs with an eye roll.

He grins, “I did indeed.”

“Well? Can we get on with it? I have things to do.”

“Tell me, Lil, how is Samael?

He gives him a hard look, “I have not been with him for centuries and you know that Ornias. Tell me why you called me here and be done with your mischief, I have thing that deserve my attention more than you.”

Ornias grins widely, “Oh? Doing what? Stealing human children’s souls while lamenting the fact you have been cursed barren by the creator himself?”

Her full ruby lips pull back in a sneer showing rows of sharp white fangs while her aura darkens making the fire pits in his throne room dim. Her eyes go a bright shade of crimson and large black barbs erupt from her back. The sharp edges fly across the room to dig into Ornias’s shoulders. Black blood spills down from the wound but Ornias only grins at the deadly beauty before him.

“You know nothing of my curse, Ornias. I suggest you keep the foul tongue behind your teeth before I take the hold head with it.” She hisses.

Ornias put a hand up in surrender, “You misunderstand me, Lilith.”

“Do I?”

“Yes.” He chuckles lightly, “I wish only to grant you the opportunity to break your curse and give you the child which you crave.”

Lilith narrows her eyes at him, regarding him shrewdly before harshly yanking her barbs from his shoulders. Pulling them back into herself she steps back from him and crosses her arms over her chest. Ornias would be lying if he said he did not let his gaze fall to the sight she offered him, despite her connection to the unholy king himself.

“Speak, fool.” She commands.

Ornias grins widely at her, knowing her interest is all he needs for this to work, “Say I found you a suitable surrogate. A woman of fine age, good health and the ability to be snatched up and be in our realm long enough not to die.”

“I would call you a liar.”

“Ah but I am not. I have found a woman of such credentials. She is a necromancer, a woman filled with power of her own. Perfectly capable of carrying any demon young you wish to impregnate her with.”

“A necromancer?” Lilith asks with a surprised brow, “And how did you come across someone as rare as that?”

Ornias shrugs, “Call it luck.”

“I’d rather not and have you explain.”

“My son, who I have been keeping tabs on,” he emphasizes the point by tapping his temple, “Has found himself entangled in the net of one. I find her unfitting for a prince of hell.”

“Ah.” She giggles, “So it is not all for my benefit is it?”

Ornias smirks and admits, “Not all.”

“And what would you like me to do with this necromancer surrogate once she is given me what I so crave, Ornias? Throw her to the hell hounds?”

Ornias gives a dismissive hand gesture. “I don’t care what you do with her, Lilith. I just want her gone. Feed her to the hounds, give her to the legions, or keep her as a tortured soul among the dead for all I care. I simply wish her out of the way so I may have my son come join me here.”

“Leverage?” She guesses.

“In a way.”

“But I have my child either way?”

“Of course.” He says easily.

Lilith purses her lips and straightens her posture, “Very well.”

Ornias winks at her, “Congratulations, mama.”

He can hardly wait.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Short i know but it gives you a hint at what Tallulah and Gideon are up against. If your a bit confused about Ornias he's more explained in the kind of prequel to this 'Dark Blood' so if your interested in learning more about him go and read that. Still I'll try to write him like you haven't heard of him, just in case that doesn't interest you.

What do you think Gideon's father's plans?

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW!