CHAPTER 33

HELLZEL'S POV

"Have you been fighting? Son I told you...", my mum said as she wiped the blood from my knuckles. Seeing Don's face brought back all the images of Lay's scars and tears fresh in my mind. For every tear he made her shed, I smashed his faced. For all the pain he caused her to go through, I knocked his head on the wall.
I bit him till he closely became unconscious and left his bitch tending to him. If it were not for people coming between us, I'd have totally destroyed his fucking face.
" you know all this fights made..", she continued talking.
"Mum please...", I looked her in the eyes as I tucked in her strands of her hair behind her the back of her ear.
"I don't want to hear about my dad's fights again", I asked cupping her cheek in my palm.

" How are you doing? I missed you so much. And I hate to see you sad. Smile for me now mum...please", I pleaded while a smile spread across her face. I loved her so dearly and there was nothing I'd ever done without her.

"Its because when you meet with your friends, you forget all about me",she looked away and immediately guilt hit me.

" Mum, please don't say that...you know that's not true. Is there somebody else I love more than the way I love you?", I said and she turned to me a smile spreading across her face.

"Tell me the truth son. Do you? Do you love anybody else more than me?", I couldn't help but laugh at her. She was behaving like a ten year old.
" come on son...is there anybody? ",

" no mum. You know you're the only one. I love too much to replace you with anybody else", she pulled me into a tight hug than I expected.

"Tell me you came with good news son. Did you find your sister?", she said and I felt a desperation in her voice. I wish I could tell her the good news her ears wanted so badly to hear. I shook my head no and saw disappointment spread across her face.
I wish I could assure her I'd find my lost sister. We had lost her while she was at around eight months and up until that day we were still hoping to find her. My mum had refused to have another child hoping to find her lost daughter.
If only I could wipe her sorrows.
I hugged her goodbye as it was getting late and I was worried sick of Lay waking up to find all by herself in the house.
When I arrived in the house, it was dark. Only light from the kitchen had not been turned off signaling she was still asleep. I reached for the switch but before I lit, I heard the on switch. She was standing across the room wearing one of my shirt that barely covered her things. Her breasts were dancing around her chest. For a moment, I was unable to take my eyes away.
She walked right close to me, and held my hand as she slowly led me towards the kitchen. Suddenly, she switched off the lights while she stood behind me and placed her hands to cover my eyes and led me to what seemed like the kitchen.
At the entrance of the kitchen, the sweet aroma of whatever she had cooked was inviting. My stomach suddenly started to grumble and I hadn't realised I was hungry.
"On the count of three, then open your eyes, okay", she said and I nodded. With every second that passed I felt like it was ages. I wondered about her sudden enthusiasm. I only expected to find her still asleep but then she surprised me. And not just that, she also cooked for me? She was always in surprises.

She counted and on counted of three I opened my eyes somehow straining to see due to closing my eyes for long.
As my vision became more clearer, I looked around the counter and to my surprise I saw nothing. The counter was clean and everything on the kitchen was as normal.
" what's the surprise? I can't see anything ", I said as I turned to her as she suppressed a laugh.
" who said there was any surprise? I just wanted to surprise you at how dirty kitchen is",  she said while she walked back to the living room.
"What the..why'd you even make me close my fucking eyes...and..I swear I smell food around here. And am hungry. Where is my...", she suddenly stood looking at the table, covering her mouth with her hands.
Finally, the table was full of food and a cake at the Centre. wondered how I hadn't seen any of it when came in. Probably blinded by something else. SEXY.
She gestured at me to seat. And I did as the boss said. This was certainly the best night of my life. I had never expected to ever experience this in my life. She looked at me, and I smiled at her. She equally returned the smile.
I couldn't ask her why the sudden mood. I was happy that she had finally moved on.
Placing the food on the table for me,  and she sat down right across me.she as well put food on her plate while she took a spoon and held it as a microphone and started talking. I can't deny I wasnt expecting it.
" Good evening Ladies and gentlemen. This is Laila, your favorite radio presenter reporting to you live on gossip FM." She covered her mouth suppressing a laughter. How I wish she could just let me enjoy the rhythmic of her laughter. She looked so beautiful in my shirt making her skin gleam more.

"Favorite? Please. Why do some people like giving themselves credit?", I chuckled and she glared at me realising that I had voiced my stupid thoughts.
" yes, and the best one as a matter of factly and now, Hellboy is about to bite his first professionally cooked food, so...", she said while she still had this grin on her face that  I didn't understand. It only made me doubt myself more.
"Ooh. Can you please shut up and let me eat in peace", she not only grinned and laughed as well. Clearly my lame jokes weren't as bad.

I liked that part of her, playful and humorous compared to the girl who cried the whole time and left me with no way to make her stop.

I took a full spoon placing it on my mouth in Merry as she continued with her blunts. The next thing I realised I was in the bathroom throwing it all out of my mouth. I turned to Lay who was on the floor laughing her heart out.
" why'd you give me food that's full of  salt and pepper? Do you want to kill me?",
"Actually, I was planning to but seeing my plan failed, what am I to do? I'll have to think of a better way next time", she winked at me with a smirk on her face and turned towards her room.
I swear, those legs. Damn it. I watched those thighs, as they walked away from me. The things they did to my mind. I couldn't let her get away just like that.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards me, making her body come into contact with my being. Fuck. She looked right into my eyes as if begging for mercy. Her hand fell on my shoulder as I felt her cushion-like boobs pressed against me. My body was filled with electric fibre and the more I looked into her, the more I was drown in.
" Hellboy.. ", she said my name in a whisper and my eyes automatically fell on her lips. How could I ever recover from this.

I leaned in both our lips an inche away  as I remembered my mother's plea
" please make sure you find her",