chapter 53

Laila's POV

"No Lay. I'm taking you to the house, now", he barked at me. For the first time till we arrived, Vicky talked.
" let her do whatever she wants. I think she has the right to listen and judge for herself ", Hellboy glared at him but I pushed him by the chest not to hit Vicky. Don stood right in front of me licking his lower lip. Ewe!
" did I tell you smell sweet?", he only annoyed me further. Hellboy flinched and I stopped him. I turned to him and looked him in the eye, giving him a chance to tell me what it was I didn't know.
"What are you not telling me Hellboy? What is Don trying to tell me?", I asked but Don laughed.
" oh! I'll tell you." I put my hand before him to shush him. Whatever it is Tania wanted to tell me, I wanted to hear it come from Hellboy's mouth.
"You know....I...I..", he fumbled in his words before talking again.
"  I wasn't thinking right at that time and people always do stupid things so I didn't... ",
" please can you say it already? Whatever it is, I'll forgive you. You helped me out with a place to stay and I can't even be mad at you ", I said and his eyes glittered.
" you promise? ", he asked a smile spreading on his face. I couldn't even be mad at him. All I just wanted is go home with him and watch him eat. Spending the night at the cell I was sure enough he hadn't eaten anything.
" is it that you beat Don's ass up? I get it. He deserves a punch on the face. Don't worry about that...", Don laughed again and I turned to him furious. What was his game with the laughs.
"No, actually, my face is okay okay bitch", he said coming closer.
" at least me Lay, I always tell you shit on your face instead of playing games behind your back ", he said and my mind got confused. Games what games?
" what do you mean?",
"Your sweetheart right there, came to me for a challenge",
" Shut up Don", Hellboy shouted and I stopped him from punching Don. I turned to Don to continue.
"He said he can have you in his bed in one week and so...", Hellboy held my hand and I jabbed away, listening to plain truth poured on my face.
" I give him the challenge and the reward was the nude video I have of because... ", he raised his hand against Don and I stood between them. They looked each other in the eyes with glares.
" you ashamed him in front of the whole school when you talked back at him, and since I knew you'll never dare cheat on me, I was up for the challenge ", tears streamed down my cheeks and I felt nausea. He promised me back in class that he'd mess my life. That I had started a war I couldn't handle. Was all the things he did for me an act of revenge only because I talked back at him?
" so you bet on me?", I turned to him my face soaked in tears. His eyes welled up with tears and I wasn't sure if he could see me clearly. He bet on me?
"That's why you sent those abusive texts to my mum, just to win a bet?", his eyes snapped open and I felt the urge to slap him hard.
" wait, I didn't... ", he started to deny but i slapped him hard.
" just shut up already. You had the guts to do all those things to me, pretend you cared only for revenge. Do you ever know how to be human? Do you even have feelings? Do you know how I feel right now?", I shouted at him, crying.
"I thought my life had finally got meaning, I thought I finally found someone I could trust. I thought you were that person Hellzel", I pulled my hair till it pained looking nowhere but his eyes.
" I miss you all the time. Even the days you left without saying anything, i still waited for you. I thought you were the one. I thought you loved me. I thought you felt what I feel inside... ", I didn't know why I was saying all that but I felt like I needed to get all it out. Like it was the right thing to say.
That's what Tania was trying to tell me? It all became clear to me. He and Tania had a thing. Thats why she wanted to sleep in his bedroom like she was used to. The way she looked at him at the hospital. Even the chains that look the same. They had a thing. But he pretended to care for me. He deceived me,everything he did was for revenge. I wanted to cry hard. Pull my hair out so hard until all the pain I felt inside could end. Will I never have peace anymore. Its like everyone was after me. To break me. Till they see me crawling on the floor.
Don laughed pulling me from my thoughts. He must had been enjoying it all.
"I thought I'd rejoice in telling you the truth and see you breakdown losing the man you fell for, but now I found he's your brother...", my what? Hellboy couldn't control himself anymore, he punched Don and fell down when I entered into a shock mood. Things were just crashing on me. I couldn't take it anymore. I wished I never met him. I wished I just stayed at home with my family. I wished I did the surgery.
" you're my brother? I'm your sister?", I didn't know whether it was being betrayed by the one man I trusted and...loved that pained a lot or if it was finding out that that man could actually be my brother. But all the same everything in me hurt. I felt like was going crazy and my mind would explored.
"Yes. I just found out about it." I fell on his arms my vision blurring.