Chapter Thirty

Tania

Nia's breath stalled at the sense of wrongness that washed through her

Nia's breath stalled at the sense of wrongness that washed through her. It was like her body was being forced through a grater, and yet not that simple. Every cell inside her felt overheated, sensitized to the point of pain. She knew what it was, the knowledge was instinctive in all wolves though most never crossed that boundary.

"Is that...?" Lola left the question unfinished as she shivered.

"A were territory boundary." Luna Althea agreed as she settled back against the decadently comfortable seat. "The best way to cross is to relax." Something that was easy to do given their luxurious travelling style.

There'd been quite a few jets at the hangar where they'd boarded the eleven seater. It had actually been the second smallest of those available, the two largest being commercial plane sized.

Still, the small jet was well appointed. Boasting of a well stocked galley where even now a chef was preparing their breakfast. Unlike that of commercial planes, the small bathroom held a shower aside from the toilet and really wasn't that small. Nia's mind boggled at the wealth they proclaimed.

Adelyn had explained the hangar and all it held belonged to the alliance but still, this was serious wealth. Intimidating.

"I thought those were myths." Lola said.

The Luna raised a brow at that. "Are you not from the Amazon? Your accent is quite distinct, which would mean you had to have crossed a few of them."

Lola frowned. "My Aunt and I travelled a lot, but I've never felt anything like this."

Nia nodded her own head. "I never realized it before, but this is the first time I've experienced a boundary even though my school was not in were territory."

"There're rumors of a way to travel between territories without crossing the boundaries. Since they exist between human and mythkind territory it's theoretically possible to travel between territories within the same race and not feel the pressure of a boundary." The Luna explained.

"But my school was in a neutral territory shielded from humans, I should've felt at least two crossings. And we also travelled a lot during the holidays. We even went to  other mythkind territories." Nia argued.

"Which rather proves the Oracles' conclusions, the moon goddess did raise you all. That way of travel has been lost since antiquity."

"What I want to know is why, if she raised us, did we have to scrimp, save and count every dollar. That's a stressful way to grow up." Lola put in.

"I imagine she wanted you to have solid financial morals." Luna Althea replied.

Nia smiled at that idea. "My aunt was a 'go where the wind takes you' hippy. It drove my sister crazy."

"And I'm sure because of that you learned to be conscientious of how you spend money."

Nia thought that through then nodded her head slowly. "Yes." She agreed.