F I F T Y - T W O

Kassi

"Are you insane?" I struggled against the restraints"How the Hell are you going to become a God let alone kill one?"  

"Tell me mutt" he ignored my question "Do you know what the Wolf Moon is exactly?"

"The night in which the Goddess Selene bound wolves to Humans" I said "Right?"

He ignored my question again "And do you know why it's called the Wolf Moon?"

"I'm guessing because of the Moon that night" I said sarcastically

"The Wolf Moon" he started "Originally, was an secret Ancient Ceremony passed down in the Dimitriou Line. Every fiftieth daughter born to the Dimitriou line would participate in the Wolf Moon Ceremony, a ceremony in which all the members of the Dimitriou Pack would welcome their creator with open arms" 

He started pacing "Do you know why the Wolf Moon came to be?" 

I shook my head 

"The Wolf Moon was created as a way for Selene to reunite with her lover" he said "After Zeus granted him eternal slumber as an alternative for death, Selene grew tired of watching him from from afar. The Wolf Moon was a way for her to obey Zeus rules while also satisfying her need to see her lover again" 

He gazed up at the shining moon 

 "Your family thought it was an honor to be chosen as the Vessel" he said quietly "To be the flesh of the Creator herself was...unimaginable"  

"And to be the only Pack that was given that prestige caused a lot of conflicts between the fifty Packs" He smiled "Which worked out perfectly for me" 

"Continue on with the damn story" I snarled "Why do I have to die for this damn Moon?" 

"Oh?" he perked up "So you do know something about the ceremony" 

Damn it, I didn't mean to blurt that out 

"In order for the Ceremony to work, certain...requirements must be met" he smiled "A life for a life. That's how it works. In order for her essence to take flesh, your essence must be drained" 

"And only a daughter born from the Dimitriou line can fill this?" I asked 

"Not just any daughter" he said "But the fiftieth daughter. The chosen one" 

"Selene had fifty daughters for a reason" he continued "Not only did she need to have woman in order to 'body snatch' her host but she also needed to be able to retain her powers in her temporary body. The first forty-nine daughters only check one of those boxes" 

"But the last one didn't?"

He nodded