F I F T Y

Rhys

"Alpha, Something isn't right" Matt said "We passed that tree 6 times"

He pointed to a gnarled stumpy tree

"You're right " I looked at the sleeping Witch in my Uncle's arms.

He raised an eyebrow

"She feed us the wrong information" I stated

"No I didn't" She whispered "The other witches are just cloaking the location"

"Well uncloak it" I said angrily

"I can't"

"And why the Hell not?" the Twins exclaimed

"Because they're siphoning her powers out of her" My Uncle explained "She barely had enough to fight off the necromancers. Whatever she had left is now gone"

"How do you know that?" the girl whispered

"I've been a Vampire a very long time now" he said "After a while, you start to develop new...traits"

"But why are they siphoning your powers?" I asked "And I thought a Witch couldn't steal another witch's powers?"

"It's not stealing if you gave it to them voluntarily" she whispered

"And why would you do that?" Mia asked this time

"For the Wolf Moon Ceremony" Kaden's voice sounded throughout the woods.

I then turned toward where Kaden's voice was coming from and watched as he emerged from the trees with some of my Pack Warriors behind him.

"You finally found out some information about the Wolf Moon Ceremony?" I asked in surprise

"My Son found it actually" he said "After Kassi went missing, Sky decided to find out of there were any clues related to this Wolf Moon in some of the other books. When she was flipping through some pages, my son pointed out that the Moon Goddess looked a lot like Kassi"

"And that helps us how...?" I said

"Sky and your friend Shawn started digging more and found this historical website dedicated to these ancient ceremonies, one of them being the Lunae Lupus"

"Wolf Moon" I whispered

"What does it consist of?" Taylor asked

"Well, from what we understand" Kaden said "It's basically a ceremony that calls upon the Moon Goddess"

"But what does Kassi have to do with it? And the siphoning of a Witch's powers?"

"The best way to make contact with a God or Goddess is to either offer up a sacrifice of what the God loves most or to possess a personal item of a God that they can't live without"

My mind was reeling from the new information but something stuck out to me the most

"The Dimitriou line is descended from the favorite daughter of the Moon Goddess right?" I asked, waiting for confirmation

The others nodded

"And what better sacrifice would it be to offer a Goddess a descendent of her favorite daughter"