T H I R T Y - F O U R

Kassi

"Uh..." I looked at Rhys "No, I'm Kassi"

Rhys vampire Uncle shook his head twice before staring at me like a creep.

"I'm sorry" he said sincerely "You just look like a friend who I haven't seen in a very long time"

"It's okay" I smiled slightly before checking on my brother

I breathe a sigh of relief when I found him sleeping, curled up into a little ball.

"What are you doing here Uncle Xander?" Rhys asked

"Can't a man visit his favorite Alpha Nephew?" Rhys uncle leaned forward and grinned.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Orion shift uncomfortably on his feet and stand closer to me.

Rhys Uncle caught the movement and zeroed in on Orion.

"And who is this?" he asked

"This is Orion" Rhys answered "Kassi's brother"

"Oh?" Xander said before approaching us "The Princess has another brother?"

"How do you know who I am?" I asked

He grinned at me and Orion growled "Oh Darling, everyone knows who you are"

I stiffened, not only from his words but also, from him tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Uncle..." Rhys tone had a challenging tone "Don't..."

"A Royal and Hunter will forever be bound, for they will produce a child that will wear the crown. Once the child meets their Mate, will their destined fate await" 

I stared blankly at him "Is that supposed to mean something to me?"

"Well, aren't you a feisty one" he chuckled before looking at Rhys "Good luck with this one"

Rhys ignored his Uncle "What are you doing here? In the dungeon?"

"More importantly" I added "Why are you watching my brother?"

"I find Shifting fascinating" he answered bluntly "Considering that every Pack shifting is different and since yours is on the verge of extinction, I thought this might be my one last chance to observe a shifting from the First Pack ever created"

"So you find my brother suffering in agony amusing and insightful?" I stepped forward and just when I got into the stupid vampire's face, Orion pulled me back.

"Stand down Kassiopeia" he whispered "You don't know what he's capable of"

"He doesn't know what I'm capable of" I growled before shaking his arm off of me "Let go of me"

His grip tightened

"I didn't mean to be rude Princess" Rhys Uncle raised his hands in surrender "But your family is just interesting to me"

"Why is that?" I got closer and Orion's grip tightened "What do you know about my family and me?"

He stared at me, a smirk forming on his face.

Just as he was about to say something, a small timid voice spoke up.

"Sissy..."