20. Guest

A/N: All words from Twilight are not my own I’m just using them to shape my own story. There are obvious changes but then there are some similar things. 

20. Guest

            The next morning was surprisingly sunny. I yawned stretching as my usual alarm went off on the clock. I never slept in on Saturdays always using this day to clean up and catch up on homework. Mike usually kept me away from home most of the time and I hardly ever had time to myself. It was a day I could use against Mike telling him Charlie would ground me if the house got too messy, a lie of course, but Mike never questioned. He really couldn’t handle it if I happened to be telling the truth so he dealt with it all quietly.

I shoved the covers from my body walking toward the window. The sun was already up and it was only seven thirty but I couldn’t be happier. I wasn’t expecting Mike until noon at the earliest so I had plenty of time to clean up. I turned around grabbing a thin sweater walking out of the bedroom. I stopped at the bathroom for my morning ritual, which included grabbing my toothbrush. Since I had a shower last night I didn’t need one this morning so I brushed both my teeth and my hair before carefully walking downstairs.

The lights were all off in the living and kitchen. I spotted a piece of paper magnetic to the fridge in Charlie’s handwriting.

Bells,

Gone to the station for the day. Backed up at work.

I’ll see you tonight. I’ll cook some fish for dinner.

Have fun with friends.

-Dad

I sighed balling the paper up and tossing it to the trash. At least Charlie wouldn’t be home when Mike came over and I could get some decent cleaning done in the house. I moved to the fridge my stomach growling more so than usual. I decided to cook a huge breakfast since I was practically starving. I found bacon, sausage, eggs, waffle mix, and French toast.

I moved around the kitchen quickly my stomach growling and churning around something I hardly dealt with in the mornings. While the food was cooking I busied myself in the kitchen cleaning the small amount of dishes in the sink. I felt if I were busy I couldn’t concentrate on the awful dream from last night and I wouldn’t have to deal with the emotions I felt all night.

It had taken me a long time to get back to sleep last night something that I was all too familiar with. Billy’s words must really messed with my subconscious last night otherwise, it wouldn’t have happened. I wasn’t that messed when I first read about the legends in the first place. I suppose something about what Billy had said must have resonated with me.

I placed the finished bacon and sausage on a plate pouring in the batter for waffles. It was surprising I was as hungry as I was but I shrugged it off to a mindset. I was clear headed for the first time in such a long time that I could eat and not feel self-conscious about what I was eating. After the waffles, I broke a couple of eggs scrambled them up and cooked them as well. This was the biggest breakfast I had cooked for myself in such a long time that I smiled teary eyed at the table. I raised my gaze imagining Edward sitting at the table smiling which caused my cheeks to warm.

I pour syrup all over my waffles some of it leaking into the eggs but the sugar just made them better. It was so strange the craving for sugar I had almost wanting a sugar high. I groaned at the taste of the waffles and the sausage dipping it into the syrup the taste sticking to the roof of my mouth. I finished the food too quickly in my personal opinion. I grabbed the dirty dishes around the kitchen running hot water into one section of the sink.