Before The Expedition

Section Commander Hanji had summoned Mikasa to a meeting, apparently Commander Erwin was also there.
Mikasa tightened her scarf, fixed her hair and entered the room.
Commanders Erwin and Hanji were there, as well as Captain Levi.
"Hello Miss Ackerman" said Erwin nodding at her
"Morning sir" replied Mikasa, saluting him
"Mikasa" said Levi, acknowledging her
"Captain"
"Hi Mikasa! It's great to see you!" exclaimed Hanji, clasping Mikasa's hands and hugging her "How are you?"
"Umm, I'm fine thanks Commander" replied Mikasa, awkwardly pulling away from Hanji.
"So Mikasa, do you know why we requested that you be here?" inquired Erwin, flicking through papers on his desk.
"I'm not sure sir" replied Mikasa, absently running a hand through her hair.
"You've been summoned because we've seen your talent and want to use it effectively in this mission. We believe that the Armoured and Collosus Titans are human shifters, like Eren, and we believe that you and Captain Levi will be a good team to taking a shifter down if necessary."
"Sir" Mikasa interjected "do you believe that one or both of these shifters will attack?"
"No" Erwin said bluntly "we believe that a new shifter will appear, and that Eren may fail to control himself or lose to the new shifter"
He stood up and walked towards her, stopping very close in front of her
"We want you and Levi to work as an 'anti-shifter' unit, this includes dealing with Eren."
Mikasa gasped
"Do you understand?"
Mikasa hesitated, before gulping and saying "Yes sir"
"Good, you are dismissed"
Mikasa nodded and lest swiftly.
I can't kill Eren, I won't. I have to hope that he won't lose control. This other shifter can be dealt with.
Lost in her thoughts, Mikasa wasn't paying attention to where she was going and bumped into someone
"I'm sor-" Mikasa started, before realising who it was she'd bumped

Annie

Both girls blushed deeply, Annie hid her face and Mikasa adjusted her scarf.
"Sorry Annie"
Annie turned to face her, she had a loose strand of hair in front of her face
"It's okay Mikasa, I wasn't looking where I was going"
Mikasa reached out, tucking the loose strand of Annie's hair behind her right ear.
Annie blushed deeper, then suddenly took Mikasa's face in her hands.

What is she doing? Is my hair loose as well?

Annie darted forward, locking Mikasa's top lip between her own, softly squeezing it.

She tastes better than last time

Annie broke off
"Come back safe"
She ran.

Damm, couldn't that have lasted a little longer?