Sparring Day

Note: italics are thoughts

She was a strange girl, that Annie, nearly always on her own and seemingly having no friends. However, she was one of the best cadets in the 104th, exceptionally skilled.

Mikasa reluctantly removed her blood red scarf and placed it down. Today was sparring day, her favourite, an excuse to take down a certain asshole: Reiner Braun. He wasn't a bad guy, he just tended to be a pain in the ass. Mikasa ran her hand through her hair, fixing it a little, before assuming a defensive stance in front of Reiner.
"Good morning Mikasa" said Reiner, with an annoying grin on his face.
"Morning Reiner" Mikasa replied blankly, she had no intention of making small talk with him today.
"Let's get this over with" Mikasa continued, already bored with him. Reiner grinned, "whatever you say Mika"
Mikasa temper flared
She darted forward, elbowing him in the jaw, swiftly following up by sweeping his legs out from underneath him. He fell with a grunt, and as he tried to stand, Mikasa pressed a foot to his throat.
"Never call me 'Mika' again" she snarled, moving her foot and allowing him to stand.
As she turned away Mikasa noticed her, Annie. Walking away from Jean, seemingly after knocking him to the ground. As usual, her blonde hair was tied up neatly, with a fringe partially covering the left side of her face.
Their eyes briefly met.
It was only for an instant, but Annie appeared to be rather embarrassed by the experience. Mikasa thought nothing of it and headed off to get a drink.