Chapter 20

It was getting closer to dinner time, so my mom insisted on taking Wes and I to this really amazing taco place in town. Naturally, I didn't put up a fight because tacos is one of my favorite things to eat, and Wes has never been there so why not bring him?

"We only go here on special occasions." My mom said smiling from ear to ear. We did really go there on special occasions now that I think about it. No other taco place can top it.

"So what's the occasion?" Wes asked.

"Well, Corinne is home, and she brought one of her best friends!" My mom said pushing the menu away. Her and I never really bother looking at the menu. We would always get the same thing. I would get one Taco, and she would get a Taco and an Enchilada.

"Aw I'm considered one of your best friends?" Wes said giving me a side hug.

"Duh!"

"So what should I get?" He asked examining the menu.

"Well the taco salad is pretty good. If you get a taco I suggest getting one. Well maybe you can eat two because my brothers are like you and eat a lot."

He stared at me strangely.

"What?" I asked.

"I'll just get two tacos." He said as he closed the menu. "So...when do I get to meet your other siblings?" He asked taking a sip of her water.

"Maybe when we get home, but they're all weird. Trust me."

"I bet they're not." He said poking my side. I kept flinching, trying to grab his hand so he would stop doing that. My mom was laughing at us. "You guys are funny!" She grinned.

Our food came, and boy was it delicious. I haven't ate there in months, now I have to eat there every time I come back home.

"That was amazing!" Wes said pushing his plate away

"I know right?" My Mom said handing the waitress the bill.

We waited for the bill to come back with the credit card, so we can head home. I'm kind of dreading for Wes to meet my family. They're all really loud and annoying, and I hope he doesn't go on the next flight back home because of them.

I looked up from the back seat to see my Mom and Wes talking about who knows what. My mom can talk to a about anyone, and it can go on for hours. I felt my phone vibrate, and I saw it was from Emma.

Emma:
Hey how's hell?

Me:
Oh it's great! So far Wes loves it? We went to my favorite taco place for dinner, and now he's meeting the rest of my siblings and my dad.

Emma:
Of course you took him to get tacos! Well that should be interesting. Also I heard he's going to be sleeping in your bed? I bet you're both excited for that!

Me:
Omg shut up Emma. I feel bad for him because I'm an annoying person so share a bed with lol.

She didn't answer for a while, so I assume she's doing something.

We pulled up into our driveway and I noticed my sisters and dads car was back. They knew we were coming home, and they knew Wes was coming with me, so it's not going to be shocking or anything.

We were greeted again by our dogs, and surprisingly everyone was in the family room.

"Corinne!" My sister, Kara said running up to me to give me a hug. Which was a bit strange considering she was happy I was moving away when I left. "Kara!" I yelled giving her the same greeting she gave me.

"Anyways, so uh, this is Wesley. Wesley this is Kara, Luke, Tyler, Connor, and my Dad, Steve."

"It's nice to meet all of you!" He said waving. He went up to shake my Dads hand properly, probably just in case my dad doesn't think he's a rude jerk or something. Or is it a natural instinct? It might be.