Chapter 3

My beauty treatment was wasn't necessarily my cup of tea. My legs and arms hurt so much from when they waxed off my skin, my hair was washed with something that smells like pinecones and spinach mixed together with tree bark, and I know District 7 is lumber and "all natural" but that doesn't mean the soap they have for us has to be made of grass.

My designers wrap me up like a burrito in a green leaf dress with green leaf-looking gladiator sandals. I'm just waiting for them to give me a bowl of salad dressing to dip me in while I party with carrots and tomatoes and then feed us to President Snow. They paint up my face with leaves, and put on green eyeshadow and lipstick. My flower crown made of 100%, you guessed it; leaves, completed the "masterpiece".

I look at myself in the mirror and sigh. A deep voice behind me tells me to "Shut up and smile." I look back in the mirror at myself to see Oz standing behind me in my reflection. I smile back with the cheesiest smile I could do. He laughs and I giggle. Then we go and sit with Sam right outside where the carriages are lines up for us.

Marnia still isn't out of her dressing room yet, so I figure I might as well talk for once. I know that I wanted to give these boys the silent treatment, but Oz is kinda nice, and I know Sam is sorta into Marnia, so I'm keeping a close eye on him to make sure he ain't pulling nothin funny with her.

Woa, I sound like I'm her dad or something. I know we haven't really talked much or know each other very well, but I guess I might as well spend the last few days of my life in happiness. Plus, I could see her and I becoming not only allies, but maybe friends.

"Hi." I say in a girly voice batting my eyelashes twice. "I feel kinda bad about before so I figured I would at least properly introduce myself." I reach out my hand for Oz to shake. "I'm Bella Odar, District 7, you probably knew that by know, but, um... Ya. I'm stong, fast, skilled with medicine and climbing, and I could see myself getting killed 16th or 18th by a bomb, or simply running into the force field depending on how all plays out..." He laughs and shakes my hand. "Honest," he says with a nod, "I like it. But I'm not cool with it." I stare at him with a puzzled face. "If you want to get sponsors, you're going to completely believe in yourself. No matter what it's about or how extreme it might seem. You're strong."

I smile and turn to Sam. I reach out to shake Sam's hand, but he seems to be staring at something behind me. I turn around to see Marnia in the most beautiful green dress I've ever seen. I have to admit, I'm a tad bit jealous. From her perfectly placed hair, to the how good she looks in her dress. Sam stands up and walks over to her. They have there own conversation in the corner of the room, while me and Oz chat about his winnings in the games. He really likes to talk about him self and emphasized a lot of his accomplishments. I guess that's how everyone is in the Capitol now.

A buzzer sounds and Oz and I go out to the District 7 chariot, with Marnia and Sam following close behind.

Oz starts telling us what they are looking for in a tribute. I'm not really listening, but he said something about being strong and happy to be here. Well. That's a challenge. Number one; I'm falling apart inside so its hard to be strong. Number 2; NO ONE here wants to be here.

I zone out of the prep talk and stare into the crowds. One boy in the crowd makes me do a double take. The blond hair, the brown eyes, looks so much like my brother's. I wonder what he's doing right now. If he'll be watching me tonight, or if he's such a coward to not even care anymore. Wether he's watching or not, I know my parents are. And so it the rest of Pamen, and I'm going to make them all proud.

Chariots begin to move at the front, so Oz wraps up his prep talk and Marnia and I step onto the District 7 chariot with 2 horses with reigns that sparkled brighter than the spot lights blinding all the tributes in its path.

I guess something happened between Marnia and Sam, she slapped that boy so hard, he and his red face fell of the chariot! She understands me and how much I hate the capitol too apparently!

"What was that?" I ask Marnia with a smile. She doesn't reply or even look at me. Oh well. We could still have a chance at being friends, but I guess not yet. We'll just see how training goes.

I turn back where chariots are moving forward.

Distinct 5....

District 6......

District 7!

Our horses prance forward and Marnia instantly lights up and the crowd goes insane. I look up to see our faces on the banners lining the stands. I smile and bat my eyelashes but and the same time looking confidant, with my head held high, shoulders back, and chest up.

Cast:

Bella Odar-- Dove Cameron

Marnia Thurston-- Ariana Grande

Sam Galloway-- Ansel Elgort

Oz Roxen-- Chris Evans