Chapter 2

My brother used to call me "little miss stubborn pants" and I'm gonna show these mentors how stubborn I can get.

Marnia gets on the train first and I follow her. Well, not exactly walking. I'm actually getting pushed by peacekeepers onto the train. She sits down in a chair across from 2 guys who look like they own the place. Ones got a million dollar smile, the others got celebrity hair. You wouldn't have to think twice if they were from the Capitol.

Marnia introduces herself to them and gets real chatty with mannequin man. I'm not saying a word as protest. Apparently, his name is Sam, and he is assigned to Marnia for mentoring. The other one is named Oz. He's my Mentor, and tries to make small talk with me. But all I do is stare onto the floor. The shiny, clean, glass, floor.

"So, your name is Bella?" He asks me.

No response from me, boy! If you want me to talk, your gonna have to tie me to the train tracks and threaten to kill my brother and....

My brother.

I'm still not forgiving him. He's all I had left as family, and he let me down. Maybe these games won't be so bad after all. Maybe dying won't be so bad. I'll be with mom and dad again. And there's no such thing as "The Hunger Games" after this life. It all sounds like a dream.

A dream that never ends.

Cast:

Bella Odar: Dove Cameron

Marnia "Marnie" Thurston: Ariana Grande

Samhain "Sam" Galloway: Ansel Elgort

Ostro "Oz" Roxen: Chris Evans