Chapter 9: Something Wicked This Way Comes

A/N: Chapter 9 is out! I repeat! Chapter 9 is out! This was written by the both of us and our first long chapter! It may not seem long but it's a lot longer than it has been. I hope you guys enjoy the chapter! :)

Chapter 9: Something Wicked This Way Comes

"Why did this happen to me?" I whispered brokenly. It has been thirty minutes since I trashed my room and Ashton and I were still laying on the floor as he comforted me with his gentle back strokes. It was weird how I could feel his touch. Although his touch had a slight chill to it, it still felt nice and was very comforting to me.

"I don't know why Angeli. I wish I knew but I don't," Ashton murmured into my ear. I didn't feel Ashton's cold touch anymore but I knew he was still there. I rolled over and saw that he was now standing up with a hand outstretched towards me. "Come on. Let's clean up the mess you made so that your parents don't ground you for life for trashing it."

A small hint of a smile crept its way onto my face as I gladly took his hand. "No, we wouldn't want that now would we?" I asked as we both started to clean, hoping that no one came in to see things floating around my room from Ashton's doing. No one did.

******

Just as I was about to wonder off to dreamland, there was a knock on my door. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and called out, "Come in!"

"Hey sis," Kaiden said quietly as he closed the door to make sure no one woke up due to our conversation. "Do you have a minute?" he asked.

"Yeah! Of course! What do you need?" I asked, willing to help out my "older" brother.

"I was just wondering who you were talking to earlier. I was walking by your room and heard you talking to someone but no one replied back."

"Oh! I was talking to an old friend from back home."

I bit the inside of my cheek to keep myself from twitching as I fed Kaiden my little white lie. Kaiden and I may not have always gotten along but that didn't mean he didn't know when I telling a lie.

"Okay.." Kaiden said slowly, as if he wasn't sure whether or not I was telling the truth but went with it anyway. "Well, I'll let you catch some sleep since we have school tomorrow. Goodnight Angel."

"Goodnight Kaid. I'll see you in the morning," I replied, bidding him goodnight as he stepped out of my room and went to his own. The moment my head touches my pillow was the moment the horrid nightmare begins.

Calum and Michael were talking and laughing about something that I didn't quite understand.

"Bro, did you see the way I made that last goal?" Calum exhaled.

"It was sick!" Michael laughed. If I hadn't known how much damage Michael has caused I would've loved the sound of that laugh.

"I've always wanted to learn American football! It seems so intense!" Calum said again, a smile still on his face. Michael's face lit up and he gasped.

"Dude! I have one! When my dad went for like some work or some shit he brought me one back! It's in the basement, lets go get it!" He exclaimed excitedly. In nearly seconds Calum was rushing out the door and down to the basement. I was still in the room with Michael and I watched him walk to his closet and get out a pistol from one of the shoe boxes that was on the floor.

"What an idiot." He whispered to himself. I wanted to yell at Michael, tell him to stop. He walked straight through me and went down to the basement.

I was suddenly watching them in the basement. It was dark in there, even though the small light was still on. I could barely make out their silhouettes in the dark but I could tell that Calum was bent over looking in boxes.

"Where is it, man?" He asked.

"Uh, I think it's in the corner." Michael said, pulling the pistol out from behind him. He loaded it and then aimed it for the back of Calum's head.

"I foun-" And those were the last words Calum spoke. He fell to his knees as blood began to pool around his head. A hole was punctured right in the middle of his forehead which extended into the back of his head. He lay there, the pool getting bigger and bigger by the second.

Michael looked down at him with a satisfied yet evil grin.

"Have fun in hell." He spat and walked off.

My eyes shot open but I stayed laying down. I didn't want to scream this time, nor did this nightmare scare me as much as I thought.

Was I getting used to this?

I turned to my side and pulled my covers as close to me as possible, hoping all the bad thoughts will leave.

"You know," said a small voice. I turned to see Maddie kneeling next to my bed.

"This is the longest someone has been living in this house since 2004. Whatever it is you're doing, keep doing that until you can find a way to leave." She whispered. Her head turned around as she heard footsteps approach. She gave me a smile, but her sad eyes said much more. Before I had a chance to bid her goodnight she disappeared right as the door to my room opened.

My dad stepped in, a glass of water in his hands.

"Saw the light on, you okay sweetie?" He asked. I wanted nothing more than to tell him no, that I just watched the murder of another person.

"I'm fine, daddy. I was just doing some last minute studying. There's a test tomorrow and I wanted to get as much in." I smiled. He smiled back and gave my forehead a kiss.

"Night." He whispered before walking out. The foot steps died out and I heard the door shut.

"Daddy's girl are we now?" I recognized his voice instantly and my blood already started to boil.

"Go away." I spat.

"Why?"

"Because this is my room and I need to sleep." I argued, not really wanting to argue with Michael after seeing what I saw. If he was somewhat happy then I can't imagine what could happen if he were angry.

"This used to be my room, you know?" He said, in a somewhat distant and lonely voice. I almost felt.. bad for him. Almost.

"Well it's not anymore. So you better leave." I said sternly.

"As you wish, princess." He said hotly before leaving.

"Well that was easy.." I muttered before trying desperately to find sleep again.