Chapter 16: Nicholas's Almost Sweet Revenge

A/N: Hey guys! Chrystal and I managed to write this one together! Yay! It's sad to say that this story will be coming to an end soon but my other story should be coming out either while I'm writing this or after it! I'm not quite sure yet but it seems like it's heading to after this story if I keep editing it! I can't wait for you guys to read it and I can't wait for you guys to see what's next! Since Halloween is coming up, leave a comment below and tell us what you are going to be! My friend and I are going to be zombie hunters! We just made our shirts today! Whoop whoop! Until next time my friends, enjoy! :)

Chapter 16: Nicholas's Almost Sweet Revenge

I woke up the next morning with Kaiden still sleeping next to me and a boy that was around our age standing at the end of my bed, just staring at us. He noticed that I was looking at him and gestured for me to follow him. With a puzzled look on my face, I hesitantly got out of my warm bed and did what he asked. I followed him all the way down stairs and into the kitchen where the basement door was. I froze in my spot, not wanting to go down to where Michael does his killing spree.

"Come on! I want to show you something!" the boy said urgently. The words sounded too familiar to me but I couldn't figure out why so I just continued to follow him.

The stairs leading down to the basement was dark. I couldn't see a single thing so my best bet was the railing of the stairs. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, though, was a whole new level of darkness. It was pitch black down here, even when I squinted to make out the shapes and shadows but it didn't help.

"Hello?" I called out, cautiously taking my steps so that I didn't trip over anything.

Suddenly, I felt two cold hands pushing me from behind. I fell on the floor with a thud and started to get up, but before I could, a hand pulled on my hair and something cold was being pressed to my throat.

"It seems to me that you're the only good thing in his life.." the same voice from earlier chuckled darkly before continuing, "The bastard doesn't deserve anything good that comes his way. I wonder what it would be like if he saw your lifeless body laying on the cold basement floor?" the boy asked, pressing what I now knew as a knife deeper into my skin.

Tears started to leak out of my eyes as I silently wished that something -- someone -- would come to my rescue. I was too young to die. But so were all of Michael's victims.

Whoever this person was, he hated Michael for what he did to him. For what he is about to do to me.

"Please.. Please don't do this." I cried. I felt his grip tighten on the knife and I was soon sobbing, begging for my life.

"Where's loverboy when you need him?" He chuckled, but I, too, was wondering.

"Please.. Please." I repeated over and over in hopes that my plea would make him stop.

I felt his knife dig a little deeper into me, causing me to yell in pain, but then the knife dropped and I heard things shaking and falling.

Next thing I knew, the weight from the man was gone and a breeze past by me. I could feel my blood trickling down, so I put pressure on my wound, and prayed that whatever was happening, wouldn't happen to me too.

**
"Hey, are you okay?" It was still pitch black, but I knew it was him.

"Yes - well no, but I could've just died."

"Are you hurt?" He asked again.

"Yeah, he cut me a bit. I'm not sure how deep it is."

"Come on, I'll help you clean up."

I stood up, slowly at first since I'm a bit woozy. I walked to the nearest bathroom and shut myself inside. I could feel his cold presence close to me. I flicked the light on and looked over my cut. It wasn't deep, but it wasn't little either.

"Who was that?"

"His name is Nicholas. He was one of my best friends. He was the only person who knew about my... dilemma. He knew how much I liked it, and he kept quiet."

"Then why does he hate you so much?"

"Wouldn't you hate me if I killed you?"

The question seemed fair. I would hate Michael if he killed me, just like he did with all these people. But, the worry in me rises. If he could kill his best friend, his secret keeper, he could easily get rid of me too.

"I wish I could help you." He said.

"What do you mean?"

"I wish I could help you clean your cut." He whispered, standing so close I could feel his breath on me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think any of this would happen." He whispered again. It was like he was genuinely sorry I got hurt because of him.

"I would've stopped him if I knew about it earlier." His mouth was just brushing against my ear as he spoke. He gave my cheek a small kiss, his chapped and cold lips lingering, and then he vanished.