Woman.

I stirred my mug of tea, yawning tiredly as I watched him from the kitchen as he laid passed out on the black leather couch. As soon as we reached up the stairs, warning him to be quiet he fell right back into the sofa as quiet snores escaped his throat like always.

It was late and I was feeling tired but for some reason my mind felt restless. Replaying the events of the night and the unwanted occurrence of Jaden that had surprisingly not turned out as bad as I had anticipated.

"What the fück?"

My head turned around in surprise right when René walked into the kitchen.

Why was he up? It's only 7?

The scowl on his face was evident and I could just tell what it was for. "Why is that nitwit on my fücking couch Amelia?" Regardless of the fact that he was whispering, did his words sound harsh slightly catching me off guard. "He was at the event where I—"

"So you just think you can take him home, that's bullshit Amelia." He walked up to me, as he stood right beside me his presence forcing me to look up at him. "Well, I had no other way to take care of the situation. Violet asked me to take care of it since I told her we were friends." I said calmly.

René rolled his eyes at me and snatched the mug from between my hands, taking a sip. It remained silent for a moment, as none of us said anything.

"Why are you up?"

"My parents are flying in soon, I'm picking them up from the airport. I want him out of this place, besides, you shouldn't hang out with that disgrace let alone bring him up here no matter the situation."

He put the emptied mug down in front of me, glaring at me while he did so. He exited the kitchen to get ready but when he crossed Jaden along the way, I saw him grasp a pillow before he slammed it harshly against Jaden's head which made him bolt awake, confused. "Get the fück up and leave." I rubbed at my temple, in a way calming myself down of the negative emotions rising up inside me. I had only seen René act out this way a few times before, usually when in Jaden's vicinity. Something that never took me by surprise as it had always been clear he disliked him. Looking back on it, it was rightfully so.

I remembered how my mind felt foggy, like I had lost control over my whole body as I swayed to the music not understanding how I was still able to keep my balance and stand up straight.

"Hmm baby, you look sexy." The sound of Jaden's voice brought a lazy smile to my face when he walked up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

He trailed my neck with kisses, my body moving against his to the beat of the music. "Here baby, drink up." I looked down, where his hand held a flask holding whatever type of alcohol inside. I grasped it between my hands, bringing it to my mouth.

The lukewarm liquid streamed down my throat, burning it along the way as it sunk deeper into my stomach.

I recalled not knowing how much alcohol I had consumed, as Jaden had provided me with drinks the whole night and I myself had lost count, though I trusted him which maybe I shouldn't have. I knew I must've had consumed more than I should have, more than I would normally allow myself to but for some reason that didn't stop me.

It was later that night, that I was outside, sitting on a windowsill with my head in my hands. I felt nauseous, feeling as if the world was spinning around me as buildings, people and colours became a big blur of dancing colours. I tried to focus my blurred eyesight on Jaden who stood before me.

My head was spinning as I couldn't really distinct much other than Jaden's silhouette in front of me until I unexpectedly fell forward, losing my balance. My bare left arm and knees scraped against the pavement, though I couldn't feel the busted skin at all since the alcohol was pumping through my veins making me feel numb.