Car.

A/n It's a little intense ;). This will be the only warning in the story!

...

My head was clouded with nothing in particular yet all the same with everything at once. I felt content sitting here as warmth ingulfed me, caused by not only the scenery of this beautiful coffee place, not only the tasteful cappuccino in between my hands but most importantly, the man in front of me. When he walked in all wrapped up in his scarf with a hat, and gloves that covered his long veiny hands I had wanted nothing more than to cuddle up at his side.

He looked handsome, he always did. The collar of his neat white shirt poked out from underneath the round neck of his knitted dark green sweater which complimented the colour of his eyes.

"You haven't said much since I got here Mel." I shook my head slightly as his words pulled me out of the trance I was in. I met his concerned expression from across the table, smiling did I clasp my hand around his wrist that held onto his mug.

"I was just admiring your beauty." I said, laughing softly though I couldn't say anything more from the truth. He looked away in that moment, staring out the window. I watched attentively how he sucked in his left cheek slightly and held it in between his teeth restricting him from saying whatever was occupying his mind.

"What?" I said, allowing my curiosity to seep through.

"Nothing really." He answered, the corners of his mouth lifting up as he looked back at me. Silence fell upon us and while his eyes glistened in the light above us, it made the intensity of his stare so much more intimate as our gazes linked. I blinked twice and looked down to my mug, the feeling that stirred up in the pit of my stomach unbearable.

"So Mel yeah?" 

It had occurred to me, Mel was what he had referred to me as, a few times before, however it had never really dawned upon me until now. "Meeeel." He said, drawing out the syllable. I just looked at him while his face was contorted into an amused grin, his lips tightly clenched against each other, his dimples popping.

"I like Mel." I stated, crawling my way through to the mess that is my mind, thinking of any time someone had called me so. "It's kind of funny, that you're the only one now to be calling me Mel." I said dryly, completely unintentional and unaware of the tone I used.

"If you don't like it, you can tell me Amelia? It just slipped and it kind of stuck. I love your name, I haven't really heard it much around here." His eyes are slightly narrowed, creases forming in between the space of them. 

"Don't worry Maximus..." I paused my sentence as I whisked my spoon around in my almost empty cup of cappuccino, I never really bother to take the spoon out.

"My mum used to call me Mel actually." I don't look up when my words fill the air, though deciding I shouldn't dwell on the past I slowly looked up, forcing a smile. "Amelia, hey?" Maximus stood up and walked over to my side, as he crouched down in front of me. I realised I had never much elaborated on the subject, only having told him she was just no longer with us.

The cafe was thinning out, it was only then in his close proximity, that I noticed the silence to the place, with only us and few people dwelling around at this time of day.

He grasped my right hand in his and laced them together, and as he looked at me, did he pull my left hand closer before he placed his soft lips on top of it in a small kiss.

"You good?" I nodded vigorously, not keen on ruining the night with possible negative emotions. We sat in this embrace for a while, which put me at ease. Maximus and I didn't need to be always talking.