Moving in.

I crossed the street, turning right in a hurry, almost getting run over by a car as he aggressively trumped at me for my so called reckless behaviour. Turning my head over my shoulder I scowled at the grumpy person in the car as he drove past me. I almost flung my hand up in the air, but as my mind caught up with my actions I held tighter onto my steering wheel realising that would've been an awful mistake. He could easily drive me over if he wanted to.

People were always testing my patience and getting on my nerves.

I sighed in annoyance as I received a red light at every interception resulting in having to step off my bike every time since I was too short to touch the concrete while being sat on the saddle. Arriving to class on time was becoming a challenge, the one I would have skipped if I had gone for lunch with Maximus. Not looking forward to it, I still had chosen to go, feeling as if the day would've gone to waste other wise since I wasn't feeling productive at all.

I plopped down into a seat in the back of the aula. Undressing myself out of my coat,  I draped it over the chair next to me as René, whom was sat to my left gazing up at me in anticipation. "I thought you were avoiding me?" He said after I hoisted my chemistry book out of my purse. It was always a burden to carry it around as it gave me the feeling I was walking around with a brick hanging from my shoulder.

"Why would I avoid you? In fact I was in chemistry this morning as well, you slept in." I whispered as my eyes fell onto the professor that just walked in as chatter had begun to die down. "Because of yesterday." I felt his protruding stare on me, one I didn't want to meet, making me look ahead of me.

"René it's not a big deal."

Turning my head, I met his gaze sensing there's something else. I raised an eyebrow at him, as my eyes lingered over the shaky hands in front of him, in expectance of a reply that didn't come. "Do you like me?" There was a slight pause in our merely one sided conversation which was interrupted by his laugh as soon as my words were registered. His blue eyes grew big as they stared back at me.

"Of course I like you, you're like my dog." I rolled my eyes, smiling at his stupid remark. I fairly well remembered the first time he referred to me as his dog when we were waiting for the metro to Kensington to visit one of his friends. An elderly lady caught the name and was scolding him similar to how a grandmother would educate her grandson.

It was quite amusing, seeing him so astounded while I played the role of the victim when in fact I could care any less about it."But not like that though." He added as his eyes were fixated on the projector screen hanging from the ceiling in front.

"But you still want to fuck me." I added calmly while René almost choked on his spit. "Why do you have to be so bold all the time, to be honest there's many people here I wouldn't mind to have fun with for a night, though that means nothing and you're my best friend."

The satisfaction his answer gave me made me feel at ease, more or less, so I left the conversation for what it was. René and I knew each other fairly well, but on the contrary did he still remain hard to read at times. It was actually what let me to be surprised by his attitude lately, regardless of the fact that he was rather known amongst his friends to be that guy to always fool around.

Even if he was known by his friends as that guy, it wouldn't necessarily exclude the fact that he could be serious about someone, meaning there could be more behind his actions, which was what I needed to be certain of.

I would want to avoid any complications at all costs, the possibility of René having a thing for me being one of them, especially since we were becoming housemates.