Chapter Thirteen

I Don't Want to Hurt You.

The courtyard was empty. The whole campus was pretty empty now that it was late into winter break. A week more and students will be flowing every which way. The silence was nice, but there wasa downfall in a lack of activity. No activity meant no subjects to capture for my assignments.

I stood leaning against one of the four light posts in the center of the stone circle, clicking through my photographs with dissatisfaction. They all looked the same. Colours were next to nothing. It was horrible.

"This isn't a good spot" a voice said behind me, making me jump and spin around. Wyatt was smirking. I gave him an annoyed look.

"Will you stop doing that?" I asked. He laughed, turning on his heel, his hands deep in his pockets, and walking to a nearby bench.

He sat and looked over at me, smiling still. I sighed and walked over, clicking off my camera and dropping down next to him. I kept a foot of space between us.

"You're going to want to photograph inside on days like this, or have a pretty fantastic creative mind to make it interesting," he told me, looking around at our blank, white, surroundings. I sighed, nodding, and looked around as silence settled in the air.

My hands were still picking at my camera, snapping my nails against the sides of the buttons, my eyes avoiding looking to his. It was one thing to talk to him and show warmth with other people around, but it was a whole other animal when I was alone with him like this. I felt my heart beating hard, running like a sprinter. I felt like the fluttering in my stomach would never stop. I couldn't look at him, but he was all I could think-

"I don't want things to be awkward between us," he suddenly said, giving me the motivation to meet his eyes. He hesitated, staring back in silence for a second. "You're my favourite student. You inspire me, and all I want to do is return that favour."

I Sighed, letting go of my camera and tucking my hair behind my ear. His eyes followed the gesture, a slight smile on his lips. I smiled too, my hands dropping to my lap and my eyes focussing to his. I wanted to scream for joy at his words, but...

"I just don't want anyone to get hurt. I don't want to get you in trouble. Delilah-"

"Nothing has happened to get me in trouble," he interrupted me. He hesitated, blushing suddenly and looking away from me. I felt my own cheeks heating at my own knowledge of his feelings toward me, and looked to my hands.

"I-I know. It's just-"

"Nothing has happened and nothing will happen. However she looks at our companionship, she doesn't have any proof of anything that could get us in trouble. We have a professional relationship, and that is that," he insisted, earning my eyes. We stared at each other for a few seconds, then he smiled. I smiled back. He stood, gesturing with a swing of his arm. "Now, come on. I'll show you some places worth your time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>.<

"This is beautiful," I said, grinning as I stared straight ahead. Wyatt looked to me, his eyes bright and burning, a smirk on his lips.

"You promised not to tell anyone" he reminded me. I laughed, looking to him.

"I wont, but I never promised I wouldn't relish the image of you on a stage singing 'Grease is the Word," I said, laughing and looking to the sky to picture him in a greaser costume.

"Hey, don't make fun of me" he said, grinning despite himself.

"I never said I was making fun of you. I happen to like theatre," I said, nodding to him. "My parents weren't exactly thespians, but they both played music for shows before."