6. Sweet N Low

"Min Hee-Ssi, a customer...!"

...

"Min Hee Ssi!!!"

...

"YAH!!! MIN HEE SSI!!!"

Red faced, I started out of my daydream and rushed to the counter to take the irritated customer's order while my supervisor gave me a sour look. This had been happening a lot over the last couple of weeks.

A lot.

I had a feeling that my job was in danger, but I couldn't help it!! I would be in the middle of stocking the cappuccino machine (I'd already scalded myself once) or wrapping up a sandwich when my mind would suddenly fly away and I would be on that dance floor again, stunned and dazzled by the brilliance of my idol giving himself up to music.

I was haunted by my memories of that night. I kept having these flashbacks - his hair sliding forward, the curve of his smile, the smell of him (yummy vanilla with something smokier beneath) when he put strong arms around me and hugged me, the feeling against my back of his hard chest through his damp shirt...

Aigoo!!! #-_-# No wonder I was barely functional! I could happily spend the rest of my life lost in those addictive moments.

But the worst was whenever I looked at fingers.

It could be anybody's fingers at all; a customer's, my supervisor's, Boss-nim's, even mine! I would just need to see them and inevitably my mind would replace them with the memory of his beautiful, long, slim ones and that would bring on a whole new slew of memories like -

...how those fingers felt firmly wrapped around mine (warm, strong, smooth). Or how they felt brushing against the nape of my neck (hot, silky, electrical). And how they'd felt when he'd pushed them into my hair and ran them against my scalp (...rihbxzxspsjikxnix!!!!!!!)

Once, I was lost in that particular recollection when the icky feeling of something warm dripping on my clenched knuckles brought me back to the present. I opened my eyes and was shocked to see the splash of red on the back of my hand about a second before I realized my nose was bleeding.

At that moment, to my horrified embarrassment, Boss-nim's voice boomed loudly behind me: "Min-Hee Ssi! Is that a nose bleed? Aigoo!!!! What could you be thinking of!!??"

Moments later, I sat in his office feeling just mortified as I held my head back with a wad of tissue firmly pressed under my nose and listened to boss lecture me.

"I forgot how Spring brings these things," he said philosophically. "Ne - this guy must really be something to make quiet, little Min-hee Ssi turn into a zombie and bleed all over the inventory - "

"Boss-nim, it's not like that..." I tried to protest nasally but he just ignored me.

" - And I wouldn't be surprised if you met him at midnight at this cafe. I told you about cafes at midnight, didn't I? That's when the magic happens! Just like with me and my Stella..."

"Boss-nim!" I protested again not liking where the conversation was heading. But I couldn't say anything else because to be honest, I had become a believer. Was it not the magic of keeping the cafe open late that had brought him - my idol - to me? I was relieved that Boss was too busy lecturing to notice me flushing.

"Actually, I'm a big fan of romance. That's the reason why I started this cafe. I want everyone to have a chance to find what Stella and I had," Boss had been pacing in front of me but now he stopped and focused on me sternly. "But we can't get carried away either. Min-hee Ssi has a responsibility to the customers as an employee of the cafe! Unhappy customers have 70% less chance of experiencing romance! That's why you must pull yourself together!"