Girl Meets Second Chances

I don't own Girl Meets World!!!

History class was always about the Golden Group. But today Cory Matthews was changing it up. He was going to show his daughter and her friends how everyone else in his class felt. He set name plates at every seat, putting the core group on opposite sides of the room. Everybody entered and found their seats quickly. The Golden Group were the last ones in.

"What's going on Dad?" Riley asked her father.

"Today's lesson. Take your seats please." Cory smiled.

"But Maya's all the way over there!" Riley protested.

"And Riley is all the way over there!" Maya followed.

"I know. Take your seats ladies." Cory shooed the girls to the opposite sides of the room "Now class, what's different today?"

Ava raised her hand "We have different seats."

"Correct. Miss Hart, return to your seat." Cory noticed Maya trying to sneak over to Riley. Maya grumbled and made her way back to her desk.

"Thank you. Now why did I give you new seats?" Cory asked.

"To keep us apart!" Riley and Maya yelled.

Giving them a look, Cory shook his head "No!" He looked around for someone else to answer his question and noticed Lilith writing in a notebook.

"Miss Pane? Do you know why I gave you new seats?" She looked up.

"I don't Mr. Matthews. But, if I had to guess, I'd say it's because you want to show your daughter and her friends what it's like to be invisible. Hidden. Separate. Etc." Lilith finished with a small roll of her eyes.

"Correct." Cory clapped his hands.

"So once again everything revolves around your daughter." Ava stated coldly.

"Wait, no! What?" Cory spluttered.

"Your lesson." Lilith said pointedly "It's for your daughter and her friends. Again."

"Oh-" Cory paused "Crud. Maya go back to your seat!" Maya growled loudly and stomped back to her seat. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make this about Riley and her friends." Cory told the class "I wanted to show that you all matter to me too and that your not invisible."

"I'm sure you meant well." Lilith told the teacher "And you did have good intentions, it just got messed up along the way."

"Thank you Lilith. I'm glad you understand." Mr. Matthews smiled.

"I do." Lilith frowned "I don't like it. But I do."

"Look, we get it." Ava stood up, slamming her hands on the desk "You love your kid. Great. But we have a right to learn about actually history. Not the problem of the week! You make everything about her and her friends. You never notice anything or anyone besides them. And I for one am done with it." Ava stalked to the door before turning "Who's with me?"

Almost everyone in the class stood up and followed her to the door the group left leaving only Lilith and the Golden Group in the classroom with a stunned Mr. Matthews.

"Well-" Lilith stood up "I think we can all assume they are going to go complain to the principal. Now, because I like you Mr. Matthews, I'm going to go stop them. While I do that I suggest you, your daughter, and her friends think about what you should do about this whole mess." Lilith walked out the door closing Mr. Matthews's open mouth on her way.

"What just happened?" Farkle asked the room.

"Lillian needs to be dealt with." Maya stood up.

"Her name is Lilith, Maya." Lucas stood up and blocked the door "And she didn't do anything wrong. She's actually going to try and help Mr. Matthews. Why do you hate her so much?"

"Because she's lying about everything! Her name her life, everything!" Maya shouted and made to jump on Lucas but felt a soft hand on her shoulder.

"Maya," Riley said hesitantly "I think Lucas is right."

"I'm sorry, what?" Maya was shocked.

"Lilith said she was going to help dad and try to stop the other's from getting him in trouble." Riley sighed deeply "I think we should give her another chance."

"Why?" Maya stamped her foot like a child throwing a tantrum.

"Yeah, Riley, what made you change your mind?" Farkle asked confused.

"I think we misjudged her." Riley tried to explain "And we pushed her to tell us her secrets before she was ready. We shouldn't have done that. We should have become friends with her for her first, and then, if she wanted to tell us she would have told us."

"Wow Riley," Lucas was amazed "That's really nice of you."

"Thanks. But I think I still need to apologize to Lilith before you say anything like that." Riley smiled.

"No!" Maya exclaimed "Riley, she has a perfect life but she's lying about it! Why should you apologize to her?"

"Maya," Zay stood up "Shut up. You don't know anything about her life."

"Oh and you do?" Maya glared.

Zay stood his ground "Yeah, cause when you chased her away and we followed she confided her secrets to us."

"Zay!" Lucas and Farkle yelled.

Maya got dangerously quiet "What?" She growled.

"Maya." Riley warned her best friend "Think about what you're going to do."

"No. You knew the truth and you didn't share it with us?" Maya stepped forward, making a regretful Zay take a step back.

"Um...No?" Zay tried to backpedal.

"No? How dare you." Maya hissed "We are your friends."

"Not if you keep acting like this." Farkle joined Zay "Maya, listen to yourself. You're not acting like a friend."

"They're right." Lucas moved beside the other boys "And if you can't see that, well then, I guess our friendship is over until you can sort out your issues."

"What? You can't do that Cowboy!" Maya yelled.

"Riley are you with us?" Farkle asked.

Riley looked nervously from the three boys to her best friend since childhood "I'm sorry." She said and moved to stand next to Maya "Maya is my friend no matter what. I couldn't do this without her."

"You've made your choice then." Lucas said sadly, and he, Zay, and Farkle turned and left the room.

Maya stared at the empty doorway for a moment then crumpled to the floor in a crying, heaving heap. Riley knelt and hugged her friend until her tears subsided, she hoped she'd made the right choice.

Word count: 1062 words

Yippee! Another chapter! I really hope you like it! Please comment, vote, and add to your reading lists!!!
Love you guys,
The Author