SIX: PHONE CALL

"hey," ava breathed as the phone finally stopped ringing out, "joe mazzello's phone, who's speaking?" a female voice rang through ava's ears immediately making her more uncomfortable.

"uh, it's ava. who's this?" she said, voice uncertain. "this is annie, joe's assistant? and that would be ava...?"

"oh is that ava? here annie, let me." a voice spoke in the background. "hey ava, it's gwilym."

"oh hi gwilym, what's up? where's joe?" she said, slightly calmer at the familiar voice. "he's talking to a girl at the bar i think. sorry about annie, she insisted she came with us. like adults can't hold their drink."

"what time is it over there?" ava spoke softly, "around 11pm, i think. do you want me to grab joe?"

"no, no. it's nothing serious. i just wanted to say hi." she said, a pang of jealousy and sadness in her heart. "okay. are you sure? i can go get him."

"no, it's fine. thanks gwil. i'll see you soon." she smiled, hoping that it would sound genuine. "see you, ava."

the room fell silent. ava wholeheartedly knew that joe would never ignore her on purpose, but something still felt strange. she missed him, and part of her wishes she was the girl he was talking with.

she suddenly felt a wave of loneliness, and picked up her phone once more.

"hey, ava. you okay?" jake spoke, a warming sound to her. "yeah, i'm okay. are you busy?"

"no, i'm actually not." she laughed, "do you want me to come over?"

"please. and bring alcohol." she laughed, "okay, aves. whatever you say. see you in a few."

a/n:
ooooooh
also gonna do a double update? enjoy