Courage

**Please enjoy the video, Rihanna, "Diamond"

Courage

Holding my head high, I refused to give into my fears anymore as Master Nolan led me towards the set of rooms designed specifically for the single subs. Those rooms were assigned to them so they could dress and relax before performing their upcoming scenes with their chosen Doms. They were also the rooms in which aftercare was provided if they weren't taken back to a playroom with continue their evening.

Collared subs usually prepared themselves in their Dom's private rooms or assigned playrooms until they were ready to take the stage. I didn't know what Nolan had in mind, but I trusted him. I knew that both Gino and Gavin were already safely tucked away upstairs in their Master's suites until they were called to take their places on stage, whereas Matty was most likely assigned to a private room somewhere as a benefit of being Marcus' chosen sub for the night.

My courage meter took a minor nosedive, when Master Nolan veered off down the opposite hallway leading me away from the submissive's suites and towards the private dressing rooms. He stopped on front of door 3 and knocked on the pristine white wood paneling. Surely, he wouldn't have brought me to Matty's dressing room, but then again, I could so see the boldness of his actions if he was going to inform Matty that I was to take my place with my Master tonight instead of him. I sorta felt bad for the man since he'd seemed so excited to have this opportunity. But the less manganous part of me had no qualms squishing his little dream of having my Dom laying a finger on him tonight or any other night for that matter.

Matty opened the door and his big blue eyes went wide with surprise to see me standing there. They went even wider when he tilted his eyes up into Master Nolan's stoic gaze and his mouth open and closed like he wanted to say something, but had no idea of what to say.

Nolan took pity on the speechless sub and softened his features before asking, "May we come in and have a word with you, Matty?"

He opened the door wider and stepped back to allow us to enter into the comfortably appointed dressing room. I tried my best to give him a comforting smile. I could see the confusion and a little bit of fear in his eyes as he closed the door and turned towards us. Nolan guided me towards the leather sofa against the wall, once I was settled, he motioned for Matty to take a seat beside me. I smiled my encouragement as I patted the plush cushion beside the one I was currently seated on.

As Master Nolan gently explained the reason for our impromptu visit, I watched the range of emotions flitter across Matty's expressive face. Everything from shock, to disappointment, and finally understanding as Nolan spoke for me and I couldn't help but to feel sorry for him, since he seemed to have really wanted to perform a scene with a Dominant of Marcus' caliber. I found myself flinging my arms around his slender shoulders that were completely engulfed in a white fluffy robe, with the club's insignia I designed so many years ago artfully embroidered into the lapels. I held him for a moment and quietly thanked him for his graciousness and understanding before letting him go.

Nolan was busy tapping away on the screen of his phone while Matty and I had our little moment. No sooner than I'd let go of him, Matty sprang up to his feet and hurried over towards the cherrywood wardrobe against the far wall. He pulled a small garment box out and skipped back over to my side chirping away at a mile a minute. He was truly adorable, but the minute he unzipped the bag, my eyes bugged out of my head, and a wicked smile curved Nolan's mouth. No sooner had I opened my mouth to say something, anything about the scrap of leather still with the sales tag attached to it, there was an enthusiastic knock at the door. My cheeks flushed bright red, as Nolan heaved himself up to answer the door and Matty thrust the jock strap into my slack hands.