Chapter 4: Run

Shout to the 6 people who read this💜 (that's six more reads than I thought this was going to get oops) don't be shy comment pretty pleaaaaase. I'll be your best friend if you comment. Okay? okay good. With out further adou here is chapter 4 LOVE YALL💘 -A

=========================

Sierra's Pov

I tried to push these negative feelings aside and concentrate on helping my parents for the party. I wasn't really looking forward to it knowing I would spend the majority of the party in my room avoiding the flood of rude elders

As I approached the houses I knew something was wrong. There was an eerie feeling in the air that sent a prickle down my spine.Usually by this time the streets crowded as people made their way over to our house. TAs I drove by the houses my heart sank all I saw was shattered windows and broken doors. What was going on?! Was it just a group of kids playing a sick prank?

As I sped into my drive way I felt my stomach turn in knots. I was scared at what I might find. My house that was once so beautiful and inviting was now cold and eerie. I approached the front door that was open just a crack. My parents never left the door unlocked what could this mean?

My worst fears were confirmed the moment I walked through the door. There were holes punched in the walls, furniture knocked over, the tables were flipped over all of the food spilling on the floor. The couch was mutilated, pillows torn to shreds every last glass object smashed and obliterated. It look like a struggle had gone down. There was tiny drops of what appeared to be blood on the white walls.

In complete fright and shock I tiptoed through all the rubble calling out "mom?....dad?....kass?....kim?...."my voice was barely audible as it cracked.

Then I heard a moan of pain coming from the kitchen. I turned around and sprinted in the direction of the sound. The scene that I found made my heart drop.

There on the floor laid my mother in a pool of glass. She was pale as a china doll except for the bruises and cuts that covered her body. Her breathes were rapid and short as if she couldn't breathe. I was confused she looked as if she was on the verge of death but that was impossible there were only one thing that could kill a wolf besides old age. My thoughts were confirmed when my eyes landed on the glass syringe and needle next to my mother. I picked it up just to confirm what I already knew it was. The dark purple liquid inside was wolfsbane, the one thing that could kill a wolf if it got into your blood stream.

As my mind processed the information I let out a scream as I collapsed to my knees next to my mother I clutch her hands tightly as her light brown eyes fluttered open.

"What happened?!" I cried "and where is every one what's going on?!"

In a weak, soft voice she whispered "rouges"

I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach, my vision blurred and a horrible taste filled my mouth "dad?kim?kass?" I blurted desperate to know what was left of my family

"There gone" she whispered. "All of them, they wiped out most of us out but a few managed to escape."

And in that exact moment my world came crashing down.

"No. no. no. please no. damnit this isn't true. THIS CANT BE TRUE." I sobbed

My mother squeezed my hand and wiped the tears from my eyes. I could hear her heart beat getting weaker and weaker.

"Sierra, they......th....they were after you, y-our in danger "

What?! Why would they want me?!

"ww..why me?!"I stuttered.

"you will find all this out in time" she whispered "Sierra it's not safe here I need you get out they could comeback any moment and they will"

"What" I cried

"Their after you, you need to run right now and don't stop till your safe"

"I cant just leave you mom" I said, my voice cracking.

She tucked my hair behind my ear and softly said "I love you Sierra I always will

Then the rise and fall of her chest stopped and I knew she was gone. I wanted to wake up. Wake up from this sick twisted nightmare. This couldn't be true this was a a dream, a terrible one. Kim and kass would come into my room any minute to wake me up and then things would be fine. Or at least that is what I wanted to believe but I knew it wasn't a dream.

Tears blurred my eyes as I stood up. The last thing I wanted to do was leave her but I knew she was right. If they were out for me I wasn't safe staying one more minute in this house. My I let my emotions drain away and I let my survival instincts kick in. I didn't want to leave with nothing. I sprinted up the stairs while I told myself "you have three minutes" three minutes to gather what ever I could.

I sprinted down the halls as I passed Kass and Kim's room I didn't bother to look inside, I knew what was in there and I couldn't bear to see it.

I finally got to my room where I grabbed a black jansport backpack and started throwing things in it. I grabbed my phone and charger knowing it would be stupid to leave it, my parents had prepaid it to last for years incase something were to happen to them. This way I had someway to contact other packs and try and get help. I changed in an instant into running shoes. Then I bolted back down the stairs and grabbed my keys ready to peel out.

As I sprinted out the door I thought of something. I didn't want to leave without something to remember my family by I couldn't just leave without anything to hold on to. Then I remembered my present. It was in the family room under the Christmas room it was small so I knew it could easily be something like a ring or bracelet that I could always hang on to, maybe even a note to read. I couldn't care less what was in the box other than knowing what ever it was, was given to me out of love by my family. I knew I would never forgive myself if I left the last thing their love offered me.

I made the decision to go back and grab it even though my three minutes were already up. I ran to the end of the hall into the family room, it appeared that the left this room untouched because all of our presents sat neatly under the tree waiting to be opened even though I knew that could never happen now. There in the center if the coffee table sat the small box that I knew was intended for me. I grabbed it and threw it into my backpack and scurried back down the stairs.

But as I approached the door I saw them. A van filled with countless men who looked ready to kill with guns and knives. They looked like brutal savages I never understood how someone could kill that easily with such little remorse. But now that I saw the hate in their eyes and the evil expressions on their faces I knew these weren't wolves they were monsters.

I knew there was no way I could make it to my car alive. So I dropped my keys and sprinted back through the living room to the back door where I took off running into the woods with tears blurring my vision and my heart wanting me to do nothing but lie down and cry my eyes out I found some motivation to keep going. The only reason I didn't stop was because I knew it was my mothers dying wish and I owed it too her.

I ran for what felt like hours until night fell and it was impossible to see anything. I dropped to my knees and knew that this was going to be my spot for the night. The grass where I happened to land was incredibly lush and unusually soft.

As I lay there on my hands and knees unable to move. The exhaustion, emotions and everything from the past few hours hit me like a wrecking ball. All of a sudden my body was shaking with loud cries. I sat there and couldn't do anything about the sobs that tore through my body. I laid there on the grass feeling as if I had just been stabbed in the heart. I had never had felt pain like this, I felt my wolf howling in pain as well. I kept sobbing until I simply blacked out from the exhaustion. The last thought that entered my head "this was all my fault...."

==========================

You know the drill vote comment and keep on reading ily💗 -A