Top of The Morning

Third PoV

"Kotarou, can you keep up? Are you tired?" Ryuuichi asked his younger brother, Kotarou on their way to Morinomiya High. Their parents were on a trip when the plane they are on crashed and killed both them. An old woman whose son and his wife died in the plane crash offered shelter to them.

Kotarou stopped and stared at his brother then nods. Ryuuichi was confused which of the questions that he asked did his brother answered. He still couldn't believe that all of this is happening right now. His thoughts were always occupied by Kotarou's welfare to the point that he could not think for himself anymore.

After their parents...

No. He must stay strong for his brother.

Yes, he must.

For his little brother.

Ryuuichi got lost in his thoughts that he didn't realized that he was already standing in front of the Chairwoman's office. Kotarou has been trying to get his brother's attention for almost 8 minutes now.

Poor little Kotarou.

His eyes are now tearing up since he couldn't get his brother's attention. Finally, Ryuuichi heard a small sob that finally caught his attention.

Kotarou's cheeks were puff red from frustration. His eyes are now watery as if tears were about to come out. His tiny hands were curled into small fists hitting his big brother's leg.

"What's wrong, Kotarou? Are you scared? Don't be scared." Ryuuichi smiles, rubbing his little brother's back and comforting the crying Kotarou.

"Don't be afraid, Kotarou. Nii-chan will always be here for you so don't be scared, okay?"

Kotarou tried to put a strong face. Well tried to. Ryuuichi chuckles at the face his brother is trying to make. He patted his brother's head and carried him in his arms towards the door of the room and knocked.

The door was opened by a man dressed in black tux, his hair is neatly brushed and wears a pair of black frame glasses. He bowed his head and greeted the boys.

"Welcome to Morinomiya High, Ryuuichi. The Chairwoman is waiting for you inside please come in."

He was flustered by the sudden greeting and politeness of the man that. "N-no need to b-bow and t-thank you for t-taking us in your care."

"Forgive me if I'm rude, I'm Kashima Ryuuichi and this is my brother Kotarou. Come on Kotarou, greet Mis-"

"I should be sorry my name is Saikawa Keigo. I'm working for the Chairwoman."

Kotarou cling to Ryuuichi's legs and hid his face. He then waved his small hands at Saikawa.

The room was pretty much like an office. The walls were painted in white decorated by a bunch of paintings. A large dark oak wood table at the center where the Chairwoman is seated. Ornamental plants were placed to keep the room refreshing and cool. A cabinet full of decorated plates and tea sets were displayed at the right side of the room. Pretty much the room is beautiful and quite a home.

At the center of the room an old woman the Chairwoman they thought, is sitting. She has a big, fluffy gray hair, wrinkles were visible in her face and her eyes were sharp like a hawk.

'We should greet her and say thank you', he thought.

"Fluffy!"

Kotarou pointed at the fluffy hair of the Chairwoman on her head. Ryuuuchi quickly covered his brother's mouth silently praying that the old woman did not heard it. Unfortunately, the Chairwoman clearly heard it despite her old age and stared narrowly at the small kid.

"Who are you calling fluffy? Is it my hair or the carpet? Well listen, my hair is not flu-"

The Chairwoman gave out a sigh as a sign of giving up because there is no point in arguing with a kid.

"Tha-"

"Shut it, brats. No need to say thank you. I already knew it. Of course, this is not free because when you turn into adults, you will have to leave the house. You need to work too, as well. How are you going to raise your brother if you're not going to work?" The Chairwoman massages her forehead.

Ryuuichi smiled at the old woman. "I will, of course, for my brother and I plan to get a part time job as soon as I get here."

"I already have one for you. You must work at the school's babysitter club. The students refuse to join the club and we are running short of staff since the budget of the school doesn't have enough money to fund it. Don't worry you can leave your brother there while you're in class. There are other kids of the school staffs so that won't be a problem and a staff who will lookout to them. You must take care of them on your free time; it means between your breaks."

Ryuuichi didn't complain anymore, this is much better than working in a shady environment with a low salary and a creepy boss. He nodded while holding Kotarou in his arms. He won't get separated with Kotarou and will have more time to spend with his brother.

Saikawa offered to tour them around the campus as soon as they left the office. Suddenly, Saikawa stops in front of them and asked.

"The daycare is a little too far from here. Would you like me to give you a ride? But we don't have a car maybe you can ride here."

Saikawa crouched in front of Ryuuichi who is carrying Kotarou, offering a piggyback ride. Ryuuichi was shocked and stared at the brunette. He is contemplating whether Saikawa was joking or not. Saikawa stands up from the ground.

"Calm down, Ryuuichi-sama Kotarou-sama. I was just joking."

Ryuuichi thought that Saikawa was trying to cheer them up or ease the tension that surrounds them. Ryuuichi forced a smile at the man. He did not want to make the man feel that he failed to cheer them up.

Regardless, the assistant felt that he should've remembered every protocol and guidelines. He might be getting a little rusty for his age. He felt a sense of failure in doing his job so he decided that he should leave and train again.

"Ryuuichi forgive me for my rudeness. I shall leave the house for awhile and do my training all over again. It seems that I have disappointed you."

As Saikawa was about to leave the door, Ryuuichi grabbed his hand. Where did he get his suitcase? How was he prepared?

"It's not your fault, Mr. Saikawa. You didn't do anything wrong. It's just that this is too overwhelming for us. We might need your help sometimes, Mr. Saikawa."

Saikawa stared at Ryuuichi then nodded. "Very well, it seems that Ryuuichi-sama and Kotarou-sama needs my help. I shall assist you, you can ask me anything if you want to know."

They finally reached the room with a sliding door. It must be the daycare that the Chairwoman is talking about.

The sign read, 'Morinomiya Daycare'

I hope Kotarou will like it here.

Edited version